Welcome to our annual Top Ten Podcasts! This year, we are featuring our Top Ten episodes from A Word in Season plus our Top Ten from Her God Story. Listen now and be encouraged, equipped, and empowered in your walk with the Lord!
|HER GOD STORY TOP 10
10. Peace Comes From Trusting God: Becky Van Valin’s Story: We can’t control everything. But many of us try! When Becky Van Valin’s circumstances grew beyond her control, she was overwhelmed with stress and panic. But this experienced therapist and speaker learned to put her trust in God, who controls it all. Listen as Becky and host Jodie Chiricosta discuss insights on maintaining a healthy heart through thought examination, renewal, and setting boundaries. Learn practical ways to release your cares to the Lord and find His peace and joy!
9. God Renewed My Love When I Forgave: Darlene Davis’s Story: Being hurt is part of life; staying hurt is a choice. So is forgiveness. Darlene Davis suffered hurt and disappointment from her father, from other Christians, in her marriage. But as she took each one to God, choosing to forgive, He healed the wounds and filled her with His love! As you listen to Darlene and host Jodie Chiricosta share how forgiveness can unleash God’s healing and direction, you’ll discover keys to deeper intimacy with God!
8. Leaving Israel, The Land We Love: Kynada Boland’s Story: When Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, Kynada Boland and her family were living in Jerusalem. Having just returned to Israel from a Sabbatical, they awoke to air raid sirens. Walking by faith through days of uncertainty, they leaned into their preparedness training. The Lord’s leading to evacuate was a painful one, but He directed every step. Listen as Kynada and Jodie emphasize the importance of faith, discernment, and worship as essential tools for coping with difficult situations.
7. Do It Afraid: Melinda Torrison’s Story: What tests your faith? Melinda Torrison has learned to follow God’s leading, no matter what comes her way. She learned to “do it afraid,” and she has seen God do amazing things. As President of Meador Staffing, Melinda has led thousands of employees through uncertain times. Listen as Melinda and host Jodie Chiricosta discuss how God equips us with what we need for our families, work and ministry, even before we know we need it! When we submit our plans and future to the Lord, it’s amazing where He takes us.
6. Divine Encounters in Ukraine: Lisa Stringer’s Story: Should we go? That was the question Lisa Stringer had to answer upon receiving an invitation to minister in war torn Ukraine. Feeling complete peace, the answer was YES! Join Lisa and host Jodie Chiricosta as they talk about the divine encounters God had along the way. You’ll be encouraged by the miraculous ways God is working there and strengthened in your faith!
5. Overcome Your Fear, Stories That Build Faith: Fear can be a real battle. It hinders our ability to do things, saps our joy, sabotages relationships, paralyzes us in many ways. But God has given us spiritual weapons to overcome fear so we can live with confidence in God and walk by faith into all He has planned. Jodie Chiricosta shares the stories of several women who have faced down fear so you too can be equipped to overcome any fear that plagues or attacks you.
4. Unstoppable Faith: Joan Hunter’s Story: Embark on an extraordinary journey with Joan Hunter, a woman of unwavering faith and a testament to the incredible power of God. Throughout her journey and in every chapter of life, she has witnessed the hand of God moving miraculously, bringing healing, restoration, and hope to those in need. From remarkable physical healings to financial miracles and spiritual transformations, Joan’s story will stir your soul and reignite your faith.
3. God Showed Me The Value Of A Smile: Ashley Stringer’s Story: Through facing severe bullying, chronic illness, and other difficulties, Ashley Stringer cultivated an intimate relationship with God. When He showed her the power of kindness and a simple smile, it was a revelation that offered direction and opened up exciting opportunities for this young woman to influence her generation for good! Listen and gain a deeper understanding of God’s plan!
2. There Is Authority In The Name Of Jesus: Mary Nelson’s Story: As a young Air Force wife, Mary Nelson had many worries in her life. But she learned to go to the Lord, and He answered prayers that were prayed in faith and aligned with His will. You’ll hear how Mary experienced deliverance and freedom from anger, fear, and more! When we read the Word and put it into practice, things change.
1. God’s Presence Changes Everything/Story of the Shunamite Woman: When the Shunammite woman pursued God, He took notice. He saw her heart and understood her desire to know Him. He made a way for her time and again when there seemed to be no way. And God will do the same for each of us – when we draw near to Him and invite Him to draw near to us. Listen as host Jodie Chiricosta shares two keys from the Shunammite woman’s story that can bring us to that place of blessing.