There is Nothing Impossible For God (Episode 187)
Our Guests: Daniel and Kathy Bernard
Daniel and Kathy Bernard have ministered in a variety of arenas. They pastored churches in Williamstown, KY, and Bryan, TX. While in Bryan, Full House Ministries, Inc. was established. Through this ministry, several outreaches were done, such as street ministry and short-term mission trips to Nigeria and Mexico. In January of 1991, the Bernard’s left the U.S. to do mission work in Nigeria, West Africa. Their goal was to plant churches and develop a discipleship school. Although the Bernard’s left the mission field in 1996, the work continues with nine established churches. After ministering in Nigeria, the Bernard’s felt that God was leading them to Tampa Bay to work with the local churches. In December of 1996, Somebody Cares Tampa Bay was established as a chapter of Somebody Cares America.
Somebody Cares Tampa Bay’s mission it to unify and empower the Church across denominational and racial lines, utilizing all the key components that are needed to effectively reach and evangelize the Bay area for Christ. Somebody Cares has equipped and supplied the Church with resources through many projects and events. By combining resources, we have been able to do more together than apart and significantly increase our effectiveness in reaching the Bay area.
They have been married for twenty-four years. They have six children: Leah, Luke, Bethany, Faith, Peter, and Rachel.
Scriptures and Key Points:
- There are defining moments and people in our lives.
Proverbs 16:31 NKJV The silver-haired head is a crown of glory, if it is found in the way of righteousness.
- We get wisdom not just from the things we get right, but what we learned from what we didn’t get right.
- “I was going down the same path as my dad. I needed to get off that merry-go-round.”
Matthew 5:6 NKJV Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.
- “They don’t know the Bible and they don’t know the God of this Bible.”
- Some people pursue grandiose ideas of what success is. Yet so many have world wide impact that have simply built deep and wide.
“Revival is neither more nor less than the impact of the personality of Jesus Christ upon a church or a community.” – Duncan Campbell
- “God, teach me all over again about leadership.”
- God in His Sovereignty brought His people back to the place where they had left Him.
- In seemingly unconnected components, God had already planned the connections for the sake of the Kingdom.
- What may be “suddenly” to us is not suddenly to God.
- “God spoke to us to start forgiving everybody.”
- “We were willing to suffer for the Gospel.”
- “If they’re willing to suffer like this, then why can’t we go suffer for our own people?”
- They took time to pour into a few men and God used that to build many churches.
- Seeds of authentic Christianity planted in Nigeria have blessed the nations.
- God had already prepared leaders to work in unity in the Tampa Bay area before sending Dan and Kathy to the area.
- The leaders united under the highest common denominator, Christ.
Hebrews 13:8 NKJV Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
- We need the Kingdom of God in our communities and that comes through the Church.
- Just start and see what God will do.
- Follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- We all go through unexpected detours.
- Even in the midst of tragedy, Dan and Kathy were at peace because they knew God was with them.
- Good can come from our pain and suffering.
- Everyone has to go through valleys.
- In those valleys, God is there to help you get through those times.
- The Christian walk is not easy, but God promises to be with us.
- Praying up a Storm by Daniel Bernard
- God’s Soul Desire by Daniel Bernard
- City Impact by Daniel Bernard
- Me Tarzan, You Jane! by Daniel and Kathy Bernard
- 101 Ways to Reach Your Community – by Steve Sjogren, Daniel Bernard, contributing author
- The Favorite by Luke Bernard
- Journey Through the Valley by Kathy Bernard
- Celebrating 25 Years of Service Magazine
- The Favorite dvd
- Daniel is available for speaking engagements and can be reached at [email protected] or if you would like for Daniel and Kathy to come and share on their marriage book. They are available for church services and seminars.
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org