Choosing Life – From the Womb to the Tomb with Arnold Culbreath and Kevin McGary (Episode 169)
Our Guests: Kevin McGary and Arnold Culbreath
Kevin McGary is an author, public speaker and facilitator/teacher. His focus has been to challenge politicos and Clergy to live with the highest levels of integrity by taking an uncompromising stance toward righteousness and justice. Kevin is also President of the Frederick Douglass Foundation of California as well as the Founder of Every Black Life Matters.
Arnold Culbreath has an apostolic gift of equipping the Body of Christ to walk in the fullness of all that God has called them to be and to do. He is a visionary Apostolic ministry & marketplace leader, speaker, consultant, business owner & professional saxophonist. Arnold serves as a Barnabas-in-Residence at People’s Church, and spearheads the Jeremiah 1:5 project at the Douglas Leadership Institute.
Scriptures and Key Points:
Psalm 127:2 NKJV …For so He gives His beloved sleep.
Hebrews 10:23 NKJV Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
- We need to learn how to walk in civility in our public discourse.
- Even in the midst of strong disagreements, we can walk with the civility of truth that sets people free.
- Listen to the viewpoints of others: You might learn something (even if they’re wrong)
- If we, the Church, would focus more on sowing seeds than winning arguments, we could move the ball much further and much faster.
Colossians 4:6 NKJV Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.
- As Christians, we are called to speak the truth in love seasoned with grace, but we must speak the truth nonetheless.
- Engage the heart and it can change the mindset and receive the message.
- We don’t have to compromise our convictions, but we can present our convictions in a way that people can begin to process.
- “Whole Life” = from the “womb” to the “tomb”
- God’s grace is available to you.
1John 1:9 NKJV If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- We need to be tangible expressions of Christ to a world that disagrees with us.
- Foundations laid in a family can last a lifetime
- We need to come back to the centrality of the Cross.
Hebrews 12:2 NKJV Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith…
- We should apply the Word of God to every domain in our lives.
- Does your civic engagement line up with the Word of God?
Lamentations 3:21-23 NKJV This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.
- To say every black life matters is not a statement of superiority, but of equality.
- Every Black Life Matters Too
- We just want to address the tangible genocide that is targeted at the Black community.
- If we’re ever going to address reconciliation and racism, we have to look at the root of where those things come from.
- We need to address the root of where abortion came from.
- The founder’s words
- The location of the clinics
Isaiah 1 NKJV …When you spread out your hands, I will hide My eyes from you; even though you make many prayers, I will not hear. Your hands are full of blood…
- What is foundational will bear fruit, good or bad.
- Those who tell the story define the narrative and create the history.
- We need to create the narrative of the Lord.
Deuteronomy 30:19 NKJV I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live
- Society is discarding children on the altar of convenience.
Jeremiah 1:5 NKJV “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
3 Life-Affirming Keys Found in Jeremiah 1:5:
- We see the PURVIEW of God (God sees and knows us in the womb).
- God acknowledges PERSONHOOD even in the womb (pre-born lives matters).
- God assigns PURPOSE in the womb (we are called to do something special).
- Reverse the Curse
- Pray for an end to abortion – Prayer is one of the most underutilized weapons in our warfare.
- Preach/Teach that life comes from God – It’s sacred and should be protected.
- Promote the project by telling someone else
- Statistics show that by age 45, 1 in 3 women in America has been affected by abortion.
- If that’s true, many women sitting in church pews are suffering.
- Men suffer from abortion too, just in a different way.
John 10:10 NKJV The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
- The church needs to teach about life.
- We need to let people know that God can forgive abortion.
Revelation 12:11 NKJV And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
Genesis 3:15 NKJV And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel.”
- Hell’s strategy is to destroy the offspring.
- If you’re in spiritual warfare, this is part of the battle.
Ephesians 6:14 NKJV Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness
- “If you don’t address this issue, you’re already losing members. It might not be this generation, but the next generation.”
Exodus 1:15-21 NKJV The Hebrew midwives, Shiphrah and Puah
2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
John 14:26 NKJV But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
“While men reach for thrones to build their own kingdoms, Jesus reached for a towel to wash men’s feet.” -Doug Stringer
Related Links for Life:
The War on Women From “The Root” to “The Fruit” by Kevin McGary
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org