Ask Holy Spirit To Lead You with Frank Kelly III (Episode 174)
Our Guest: Frank Kelly III
Frank Kelly III is CEO of Kelly Benefits, one of the nation’s largest providers of benefits administration for businesses of all sizes. He has served for more than 20 years with Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and recently co-chaired a $61 million campaign for a center providing shelter and services for more than 200 women in need in Baltimore.
Scriptures and Key Points:
- The marketplace is ministry to those who love the Lord.
- Like developing calluses when weight lifting, sin can cause calluses on your heart.
- Until your relationship with God is your priority, you’re not going to find peace.
- The most important thing is for you to praise God for everything.
- Lacrosse was originally a war game created by Native American tribes.
- One of the nicknames for lacrosse was “the creator’s game”.
- God used the creator’s game in Frank Kelly’s life to help him to know the Creator.
- God often sends people out in twos.
Ephesians 5:18 NKJV And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit
- Once you’re filled with the Holy Spirit, you are open to learning and you’re learning through God’s Word.
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.” – Jim Elliot
Acts 1:8 NIV But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
5 Words Given to Fred:
- Teaching (others to share the Gospel)
- “Lord, should I keep doing this?”
- There’s truth and power in a relationship with God.
- We should take the Gospel to the streets in Word and in deed.
- The Church needs to focus on both the horizontal and vertical aspects of the Cross.
- The vertical of the Cross drives the horizontal.
- Christmas was God with us, Easter was God for us, Pentecost is God in us.
- We have to be wise in what we say “yes” to and what we say “no” to.
Four Pillar Giving:
- Everything can be good, but there are assignments that are from God for you.
- “Why do you worship Me? Is it for what I can do for you or for who I am?”
- Discerning what assignments you should do:
- Run it through the Great Commission and the Great Commandment
- Is God at work in this for you?
- Use those of faith that are close to you as a sounding board
- Is it in line with your values? (Generosity, Respect, etc.)
- “Lord, what do you want me to do?”
- Run it through the vision that God has already given you
- If it’s really important, fast and pray
- Our biggest asset is our time and needs our best discernment.
- Other assets we can give: Talent, Treasure, Truth, Testimony, Thanks
“Time like light makes things manifest.”- Dr. Edwin Louis Cole
- Discouragement is like a powerful drug.
- “It was a bad day yesterday, but I’m going to go make a positive difference today.”
- In Christ, we can always outlast our adversities and adversaries.
- Don’t let the circumstances dictate who you are.
- What do you do and why do you do it?
Genesis 50:20 NKJV But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.
- God sees what we can’t see.
- Challenging situations lead to growth.
- God is always faithful.
Ways to find God’s purpose for your life:
- God speaks through His Word.
- Be faithful to the word that God has given you.
- Full of faith
- Faithful to your calling
- Ask the Holy Spirit to speak
- Ask God to confirm
- Unconfessed sin is like a wet blanket on the Holy Spirit.
1 John 1:9 NKJV If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 Thessalonians 5:19 NKJV Do not quench the Spirit.
- Effective partnerships are key.
- “I didn’t think I could do it, this is gonna take everybody.”
- “If I gave you the vision, I’ll give you the provisions.”
- Trying to do something in your own strength doesn’t work.
Proverbs 27:17 NKJV As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.
Esther 4:14 NKJV …Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
Books recommended by Frank:
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org