Press In, Press On, Possess the Promises (Episode 179)
Scriptures and Key Points:
Ecclesiastes 3:4 GNT He sets the time for sorrow and the time for joy, the time for mourning and the time for dancing.
- In the midst of our personal and corporate challenges and sorrows, we need to press into the presence of the Lord to receive His virtue to press onward into the place of His promises.
- “There is more to this testimony than we can see.”
- Today is a celebration of what God has done and will continue to do.
- The Lord that gave you the promises has led you through the process and is taking you into the future of possessing the land of His promises.
- As we go through the bittersweet moments, we also need to focus on the times of joy and dancing before the Lord.
- I can only press on and do what God has called me to do after I’ve pressed into the presence of God.
Mark 5:25-34 NKJV Now a certain woman had a flow of blood for twelve years, and had suffered many things from many physicians. She had spent all that she had and was no better, but rather grew worse. When she heard about Jesus, she came behind Him in the crowd and touched His garment. For she said, “If only I may touch His clothes, I shall be made well.” Immediately the fountain of her blood was dried up, and she felt in her body that she was healed of the affliction. And Jesus, immediately knowing in Himself that power had gone out of Him, turned around in the crowd and said, “Who touched My clothes?” But His disciples said to Him, “You see the multitude thronging You, and You say, ‘Who touched Me?’ ” And He looked around to see her who had done this thing. But the woman, fearing and trembling, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell down before Him and told Him the whole truth. And He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction.”
- We need to press into the One who loves us like nobody else can.
- God changes circumstances.
- Some days are better “good days” than others.
- My circumstance doesn’t change who God is.
- Don’t compromise God’s word to fit your circumstance.
“Let others live on the raw edge of the cutting edge. You and I shall live on the edge of eternity.” – Leonard Ravenhill
- Do you believe that only He can do what needs to be done in your life?
“The ones that God wants to use the most are the ones the devil tries to distract the most.” – David Wilkerson
- When we press into Jesus, our perspective, our history, and our narrative changes.
Psalm 46:10a NKJV Be still, and know that I am God
- God’s intention is to lift us up on His shoulders for His perspective to give us peace and comfort.
Luke 21:13 NKJV But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony.
- Wrestling with God changes our identity.
1 Samuel 1:8-18 NKJV Hannah’s prayer
- There is something far beyond where we are right now.
- When we press into the presence of the Lord, we then have the empowerment to press onward.
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org