Find Your Place & Step Out In Faith, with Joe Fauss (Episode 181)
Our Guest: Joe Fauss
In 1977 Dr. Joe Fauss and his wife Charlotte founded Calvary Commission. Calvary Commission serves as a corporate umbrella for prison ministry, world missions, and the Calvary Commission Bible Institute. Today, Calvary Commission shares the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through foreign missions, prison ministry and discipleship training. The numerous mission outreaches of Calvary Commission include foreign short term trips, orphanages, retired Cuban pastors support, inner city ministry, emergency/disaster relief, church planting and community development. The annual Breakthrough Conference offers encouragement to pastors, leaders, and missionaries worldwide.
Scriptures and Key Points:
- “Not here and not now. Your hometown is full of troubled teenagers. Go and help them.”
- When one of Joe’s former Teen Challenge residents ended up in jail on old charges, Joe went to visit him in the jail. Joe’s heart was touched by the scenes in the jail and rushed to the warden’s office to offer to help the inmates. When the warden told him there was already help for them while they were inside, a major in the corner said, “Preacher, help them when they get out.”
- “Start small and don’t move too fast” – David Wilkerson told Joe when he shared his desire to minister to those coming out of prison.
- The message never changes, but the methods may change.
- Living by faith had a feeling of risk.
- “God loves these prison inmates.”
- “I’ve got something beautiful to show them, My love.”
- Once the seed of God’s Word is in us, He’s not going to let up on us.
- God is able to pick people back up.
- The seeds are planted and they may not come to fruition right then, but ultimately the Lord will continue to work on them.
Isaiah 55:11 NKJV So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
- The message that has changed the lives of those who have been in prison needs to go in other lives.
- They need discipleship as well.
- Though they started small, God has increased their impact.
- Keith Green’s message was to get really saved and find your place in ministry and missions.
- That message also involved living with no compromise and without apathy.
Luke 14:28-30 NKJV For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it— lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish’?
- God will provide where He calls us.
- It all begins with a small step of faith.
- We need men and women who will say, “I want to serve for a period of time in a capacity that doesn’t give me direct material results but is Kingdom building.”
- God will always multiply and return beyond the seeds we’ve sown.
- It takes short-term missionaries who will go and get a touch of the Holy Spirit to become long-term missionaries or they’ll become the voice to encourage others to support those ministries.
- It was not originally what I asked to do, but it was what God wanted to do.
- It’s not just about what Christ did on Calvary, but what He’s commissioned us to do.
- God changes lives and there’s power in a changed life.
- You draw people in through relationships.
- There is a biblical social justice of caring for the poor, taking care of the widows and orphans, and more.
- What seemed impossible is working.
2 Corinthians 5:14-17 NKJV …Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
- Are you living for yourself or are you living for God?
Romans 5:5 KJV And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
- The love of God will change a person’s life.
- When we have the fear of the Lord, we realize that He will make demands of us as well.
- It’s one thing to start, but it’s another thing to finish well.
- It’s Time To Cross The Jordan by Doug Stringer
- Challenging the Impossible by Joe Fauss
- Desafiando lo Imposible by Joe Fauss
- CAUTION Watch Your Step by Joe Fauss
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org