“Beyond the Valley”, with Pastor Jaime Loya (Episode 185)
Our Guest: Jaime Loya
Jaime and Rose Mary Loya started Valley International Christian Center, now known as Cross Church in 1995. Pastor Jaime Loya was recognized by several leading organizations as one of the most significant and successful Hispanic pastors in the United States. In 2011, 2013, and 2017 Cross Church was recognized by Outreach Magazine as one of America’s 100 Fastest Growing Churches. Pastor Loya’s role includes leading a multi-site church of over 3,000 members, employing a full time church staff, and developing church leaders throughout the region and nation. Aside from his pastoral duties, he serves as a Board Member of the National Hispanic Leadership Conference (NHCLC) – America’s Largest Hispanic Christian Organization leading the way in addressing issues such as poverty, healthcare, education reform, religious persecution, juvenile delinquency, etc. Jaime and his wife Rose Mary have been married for 29 years and are the proud parents of four adult children.
Scriptures and Key Points:
- In every crisis, there’s opportunity to share the Gospel and the love of Jesus Christ.
- For some of the illegal immigrants crossing the border, it’s a “do or die” situation.
- “Remember I told you that you would preach to the nations?”
- “While they’re here, we want to be a light shining in darkness.”
Luke 21:13 NKJV But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony.
- We’ve all been praying for revival. This moment of crisis is where we can plant the seed of the Gospel and have it change people.
- Those who tell the story define the narrative and create the history.
- We don’t have to go to Africa to find our mission field; it can be right in our own backyard.
Isaiah 55:11 NKJV So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
- “I had a personal relationship with the church and the people of the church, but not the God of the church.”
- “All I wanted was to see people saved.”
- The Hispanic demographic is the fastest growing demographic in the United States.
- Many pastors only need the right tools and the right encouragement to grow themselves and their churches.
- The God of the Valley is the God of the mountain. And the God of the mountain is still God in the valley.
- We need to accept the fact that we are doing what we’re doing for an audience of One.
- Your breakthrough and victory is just on the other side of that feeling of giving up.
- You’ll never know what God was going to do with you if you give up now.
- Hearing ministers that have been going for a while and are still going can be an encouragement.
- As much as ministers give out, they also need to take in.
- Don’t lose faith in God; He’s still in control.
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org