Taking an Axe to the Root of Racism with Kevin McGary (Episode 190)
Our Guest: Kevin McGary
Kevin McGary is an author, public speaker, facilitator/teacher, and ministry leader. His focus has been to challenge politicos and clergy to live with the highest levels of integrity by taking an uncompromising stance toward righteousness and justice. In the arena of civic engagement, Kevin serves as Chairman of the Frederick Douglass Foundation of California and is an executive with the Douglass Leadership Institute and the Northstar Leadership Pac.
Kevin leads a collection of pro-active individuals committed to developing innovative and new approaches to today’s socio/political issues. With the assistance of elected officials and a myriad of community activists, he lectures and provides workshops about today’s most perplexing problems. In 2020, Kevin founded Every Black Life Matters (EBLM), designed to counteract the emerging violence and systemic poverty in under-served, mostly Black urban communities. EBLM is seen as a “moral-based” and “faith-based” alternative to Black Lives Matter.
Scriptures and Key Points:
- Even though his father was an alcoholic while Kevin was growing up, his father still made a difference in his life simply by coming home every night.
- You don’t have to be perfect to make a difference in your children’s lives, just live your life before them.
- Kevin and his wife decided to take God at His Word and live strictly biblically.
- “Now that I have your attention, write.”
- God is looking for open, willing, and available vessels.
- If we’re available and honor the Holy Spirit, He will work in supernatural ways that don’t always make sense in the natural.
- Those who tell the story define the narrative and create the history.
- Even if we don’t feel we have a lot to say, we need to tell our story.
- The remnant has been quiet long enough.
- We should filter everything through scripture.
- The narrative should be God’s Word.
- Wokeism is built and rooted in white supremacy and racism.
- While white supremacy is real, the narrative that is being spun is false.
- Because of the work of the Cross, we can have a different perspective.
- At the foot of the Cross, we have more in common than what divides us.
Micah 4 NKJV …They shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks…
- We need to take the things we’ve learned and move toward the future so we can be the Church that God has called us to be and bring healing to the soul of a nation.
- The Lord is asking us all, “Can you fully embrace the reconciliation that’s already been done?”
Ephesians 2:14-22 NKJV …that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross…
Galatians 3:28 NKJV There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
- We don’t need to take on Jesus’ role of reconciler.
- We need to embrace the work He’s already done.
Romans 8:1 NKJV There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
- God declares no condemnation in Christ Jesus. When we condemn our brothers and sisters in Christ, it’s offensive to Him!
“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” – Albert Einstein
- The social justice rights movements in our culture are not about justice at all.
Genesis 3:15 NKJV And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel.
- The woke movement is based on theologies started by Charles Darwin.
- Darwin and his teaching unleashed white supremacy, racism, sexism, and many more isms in their modern context.
- Before Darwin, these things were being done but they were opportunistic and individualized.
- Darwin’s works opened up the opportunity for people to legitimize racism and slavery.
Matthew 3:10 NKJV And even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
- Culture is embracing the very things that they have a problem with.
- Darwin and his first cousin, Francis Galton, are the fathers of eugenics.
- One influence on Darwin was his cousin, Thomas Malthus, who was a radical environmentalist.
- Darwin and Galton wanted to come up with a scientific justification for racial extermination which became the basis for eugenics.
- Many evil dictators in history pointed to Darwin as the basis for their mass genocides.
- If you embrace abortion, you’re embracing white supremacy and racism.
- We still have compassion for those who have experienced abortion.
- Margaret Sanger was a supporter of many genocides going on in her time, a speaker for the Women’s KKK, and supported full sterilization of blacks.
- Sanger began Planned Parenthood as a way of exterminating and controlling the black population.
- To this day, up to 90% of all Planned Parenthood centers are within walking distance of black communities; they are not focused where the majority of women congregate.
- We need to embrace and build on what the Lord wants, then we can find a place of healing.
- There are people who will forego their own ethics to go all in with the culture around them.
- They have no bad intentions; they are just caught up with everything around them.
- If they are shown the evil at the roots of the movement, they will walk away from it.
- If we’re sincere about getting rid of racism and white supremacy, we need to fully expose and demolish the roots.
- “Raze” means to completely destroy.
- We need to raze racism from its roots and foundations.
- Much of what is unraveling in our culture has been based on works by Saul Alinsky.
- If you say something enough times, people begin to believe it.
- We need a generation of “hell razers.”
Books by Kevin McGary:
- Lifestyle of the Rich in Kingdom
- Woke’d Up!
- Justly Justice
- The War on Women From “The Root” to “The Fruit”
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org