In Everything Give Thanks (Episode 196)
Scriptures and Key Points:
Psalm 107:8-9 NKJV Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness.
Philippians 4:6 NKJV Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
- Often our prayers are prayers of supplication and we forget about thanksgiving and gratitude.
- We would see greater breakthroughs if we remember to come to Him in thanksgiving.
John 4:1-42 NKJV The Samaritan Woman at the Well
- Thank God for who He is and what He’s already done.
Hebrews 13:15 NKJV Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.
- A little gratitude will go a long way in effective prayer.
- When we begin to appreciate God for who He is, we gain access to His presence in a new way.
- In God’s presence, great power and blessings are released.
Jonah 2:7-9 NKJV “When my soul fainted within me, I remembered the Lord; and my prayer went up to You, into Your holy temple…
- When we show gratitude to God and to others, there is reciprocation.
- We can always put our trust in the Lord.
- We must stand on the goodness and faithfulness of God and continue to declare His Word over our lives.
2 Chronicles 6:17 NKJV And now, O Lord God of Israel, let Your word come true, which You have spoken to Your servant David.
- We too, must pray earnestly for the purposes of God to come to pass in our lives.
- God invites us to become partners with Him to see His word come to pass.
Matthew 6:10 NKJV Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
- It is important that we not let our focus turn to our circumstances, which can cause us to doubt God’s word for our lives.
Psalm 139:17-18 NKJV How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am still with You.
- The power of breakthrough is activated when we begin to praise Him.
- There are times we just need to recognize the power of His presence.
Psalm 100 NKJV Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.
- Don’t lose sight of what we have to be grateful for.
- When we get things in perspective, God is able to do things that only He can do in us and through us.
Acts 16:25-26 NKJV Paul and Silas Worshiping
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org