Leadership is a Gift, Andrew Burchfield (Episode 197)
Our Guest: Andrew Burchfield
Andrew Burchfield is a producer with the heart of a pastor. Leading from Texas, with his wife Amanda and their two boys, he serves as the Executive Producer of Burchfield Ministries International, providing Bible-based resources that build and bless churches. He is author of The Gift of Leadership, released earlier this year.
Scriptures and Key Points:
- Younger generations limit their future by how they disregard the former generation.
- We need to appreciate the foundations that have been laid that we can build on.
- “What’s the Holy Spirit going to do tonight?!”
John 16:7-9 NKJV Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me
- We need to provide the avenues for the Holy Spirit to move.
- You can know God and His Word, but touching the power of His Holy Spirit can change your life.
- The scariest thing is a leader who does not have access to the Holy Spirit.
- In this day and age, these generations need to see the power of God.
- We’ll never know the full impact of allowing the Holy Spirit to move.
- Being sensitive to the Holy Spirit is a skill that has to be developed.
Acts 16:5 NKJV So the churches were strengthened in the faith, and increased in number daily.
Amos 7:7-9 NKJV …“Behold, I am setting a plumb line in the midst of My people Israel…
John 15:2 NKJV Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
- We need to encourage one another to persevere with courageous leadership.
- As leaders we can question what we do but not whose we are!
- Don’t feel the pressure of needing to perform.
1 Chronicles 15:1 -16:36 NKJV The Ark of the Covenant
- “What do you want us to do now?”
- Don’t get focused on plowing on when the opportunity for harvest is arriving.
- You have to gather differently than you plant.
1 Samuel 4 NKJV …Then she named the child Ichabod, saying, “The glory has departed from Israel!” because the ark of God had been captured and because of her father-in-law and her husband…
- A leader is someone who accepts the terms and conditions that apply with leadership.
- A leader’s life is first surrendered to Jesus.
Psalm 37:23 NKJV The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way.
- Know which doors to walk through: Is it opportunity or distraction?
- Pray into your milestone moments. “Jesus, what are you wanting to teach me through this time?”
1 Samuel 10:7 NKJV And let it be, when these signs come to you, that you do as the occasion demands; for God is with you.
- We don’t want to miss God opportunities by looking for the grandiose.
Matthew 7:16 NKJV You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?
- Men don’t follow titles, they follow courage.
- We need to lead by example.
- To make a difference in the lives of people, you have to have influence.
- They build their leaders in house. They just have to be developed.
“It’s okay for the man to run the machine, but don’t let the machine run the man.” – Doug Stringer
- Embrace what others have given to you and turn around and give it to someone else.
- Things to focus on when you begin to have Vision Vertigo:
- Balance on the inside
- You may not be hearing the way you used to
- If you listen, you will hear.
- Spirit first, systems second
- Boundaries on the outside
- Give your best self to the most important
- Buddies all around
- People of accountability around you that you can be honest with and can trust
- Balance on the inside
- If you feel your life is spinning, hold on to Jesus.
- Take your miracle how it comes.
- So many want association for credibility, but they may not be a kingdom relationship.
- Look for divine connected relationships.
- Be content with where you are.
- Ambition is the most dangerous drug for a leader.
- There’s something powerful in recognizing your true calling and deeper purpose.
“Every life experience can become a life lesson that becomes part of my life message.” – Doug Stringer
“Great leadership plants seeds, pulls weeds, and protects the fruit.” – Andrew Burchfield, The Gift of Leadership
- Leadership is not climbing a ladder; it’s landscaping.
John 21:17 NKJV …Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep.”
Matthew 25:21 NKJV His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’
“Leadership is not what you build, but rather who you build.” – Andrew Burchfield, The Gift of Leadership
- Lead by serving
- At the end of the day, the only thing going to heaven is people.
- Anyone can be a leader.
- Be the leader who encourages the next generation.
- Leadership is the missing ingredient for revival and cultural changes.
- Some of the greatest joys in life come from investing in those that can’t give back.
- Give younger leaders the ability to believe in themselves.
- Mission is what we’re doing today; vision is where we’re going tomorrow.
- Give yourself permission to slow down.
- Live in the presence of the moment and in the presence of God.
- Good ideas will take a lot of work; God ideas will be anointed.
“I would rather be in the will of God late, then early in not in the will of God at all.” – Bro. Kenneth Hagin
- Leadership is a collective thing, not an individual thing.
1 Corinthians 2:9 NKJV But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, or have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
- The Gift of Leadership by Andrew Burchfield (use code GIFT)
- Opportunity Leadership by Roger Parrott
- Leadership Awakening by Doug Stringer
- Boundaries for Leaders by Dr. Henry Cloud
- Is The Glory of God Departing From US? By Doug Stringer
- ‘Discovery Camp’: Changing Teens’ Lives for 30 Years
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org