Posturing Yourself for the New Year (Episode 201)
Scriptures and Key Points:
- Yesterday’s sorrows can be today’s successes, if the hand of the Lord is upon us.
- It’s an important time of refocusing and recalibrating for the season ahead.
Three Things of Importance in Posturing Ourselves:
- Stay low in a posture of humility.
- Draw near to the presence of God.
- Incline your ears to hear so we may respond quickly.
- Simple obedience is the highest form of worship.
- We can’t change our past, but the choices we make each day define our future.
- Every life experience becomes a life lesson that becomes part of our message.
John 18:36 NKJV Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world…
We need to reflect the light of Christ in a world of darkness and draw others to Him.
- Intentionally reflect on the significant and defining landmarks of your life.
- Keeping God’s perspective gives us hope.
- Thankfulness. Appreciation. Honor. Gratitude. They all can go a long way in changing the atmosphere and even our circumstances.
- When we worship God for who He is and what He’s done, it can bring breakthroughs in our lives.
Philippians 4:6-7 NKJV Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
John 4:1-42 NKJV The Samaritan Woman at the Well
- Oftentimes we forget the most powerful tool is the place of worship and praise that gives us the breakthroughs we need.
Hebrews 13:15 NKJV Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.
- A little gratitude can go a long way towards effective prayer.
Psalm 100 NKJV Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.
We should posture ourselves in His presence.
- In His presence, great blessing and power are released.
Psalm 107:8-9 NKJV Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness.
Jonah 2:7-9 NKJV When my soul fainted within me, I remembered the Lord; and my prayer went up to You, into Your holy temple. Those who regard worthless idols forsake their own mercy. But I will sacrifice to You with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay what I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord.
- When we have a heart of gratitude toward God and show appreciation to Him or to others, there is reciprocation.
- Gratitude, appreciation, and thanksgiving gives us a right perspective of who God is and what He can do, so we can pray with faith, in humility according to His will.
- God has a plan and a purpose for you greater than any of the temporary circumstances that may be plaguing you.
Jeremiah 29:11 NKJV For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
- God’s Word over your life is true and He will be faithful to complete it.
2 Chronicles 6:17 NKJV And now, O Lord God of Israel, let Your word come true, which You have spoken to Your servant David.
- We must pray earnestly for the purposes of God to come to pass in our lives.
- God invites us to become partners with Him to see His word come to pass.
Matthew 6:10 NKJV Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Our posture should be turned towards God.
- It’s important that we not let our focus turn to the circumstances, which can cause us to doubt God’s word for our lives.
Psalm 139:17-18 NKJV How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am still with You.
- Turn your focus from your circumstances to God. Trust Him to carry you through, and to the hope or dream yet to be fulfilled.
- Where God’s presence is, His Light exposes and dispels the darkness.
- If we’re going to walk in victory, our first step is to thank God and be grateful.
Acts 16:25 NKJV But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them.
“Faith is believing the things you cannot see will come to pass. Fear is believing the things you cannot see will come to pass. But faith is of the Kingdom of God and fear is of the kingdom of darkness.” – Dr. Edwin Louis Cole
- As we give the Lord a drink, He fills us with His living water.
- His living water comes from the River of God that flows from His mercy seat and throne of grace. It brings healing and breakthrough everywhere it goes…in us and through us.
Also Check Out These Links:
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org