Scriptures and Key Points for Creating a Clean Heart:
- Our goal should be a clean heart.
- Exposure, Implosions, Explosion
- There will be an exposure of hidden sin in the heart.
Mark 4:22 NKJV For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light.
Zephaniah 1:12 NIV At that time I will search Jerusalem with lamps and punish those who are complacent, who are like wine left on its dregs, who think, ‘The Lord will do nothing, either good or bad.’
- Judgment starts within the house of the Lord.
- We become complicit in sin because we have compromised our convictions.
- There are public consequences to our private choices.
- Also, there are natural laws, spiritual laws, and moral laws.
- When you break God‘s laws, all these other laws will be impacted.
Romans 13:1-2 TPT Every person must submit to and support the authorities over him. For there can be no authority in the universe except by God’s appointment, which means that every authority that exists has been instituted by God. So to resist authority is to resist the divine order of God, which results in severe consequences.
Proverbs 13:6 TPT Righteousness is like a shield of protection, guarding those who keep their integrity, but sin is the downfall of the wicked.
There will also be a positive exposure of those who have not compromised in their hearts.
Zephaniah 2:3 NKJV Seek the Lord, all you meek of the earth, who have upheld His justice. (Seek) righteousness, seek humility. It may be that you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.
Hebrews 12:25-29 NKJV …Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also heaven.” Now this, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken…
- The only unshakable kingdom is the Kingdom of our Lord.
- For the Lord is the only one who will never let us down.
- We must understand the spiritual, biblical, and universal laws of the Lord so that we may honor the moral and natural laws.
Matthew 6:33 NKJV But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
- There will be an explosion of the manifestation of the presence of God.
Psalm 51:10 NKJV Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Jeremiah 13:17 NKJV But if you will not hear it, my soul will weep in secret for your pride; my eyes will weep bitterly and run down with tears, because the Lord’s flock has been taken captive.
We want the blessings of God, but do not want the counsel of God.
- “Lord, I pray that you give me a right spirit, a clean heart, and a sharp, stable, sound mind.”
- The only hope is not the institutions of men, but in leaning on the Lord.
- You cannot bring lasting change until you deal with the inward corruption of the heart.
1 Corinthians 3:16 NKJV Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
Colossians 2:9-10 NKJV For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.
- He who is perfect does a work of perfecting in and through us.
Psalm 51:12 NKJV Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
Nehemiah 8:10 NKJV …the joy of the Lord is your strength.
“Rather than praying for revival, let us pray to the revival giver.” – Winkie Pratney
2 Thessalonians 2:10 NKJV And with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
Romans 5:2 NKJV Through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Matthew 5:16 NKJV Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
Good questions to ask ourselves:
- What is Biblical Law?
- Also, what is Spiritual Law?
- What are the Universal Laws of God?
- And what is Natural Law?
- What is Moral Law?
- When we become seared of conscience, we become uncovered.
Exodus 12 NKJV The Passover
- We need to stay under the covering of the blood of Christ.
Revelation 13:8 NKJV … the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
“The antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. By which we know that it is the time, or the last hour (as it says in 1 John 2:18 NKJV). We see evidence of the antichrist and his spirit in the chaos, fear, hate, deceit, arrogance, and cruelty both in the news headlines and in the world around us. Our ancient enemy is cunning and his subtle deceptions can infiltrate an unsuspecting heart and church. When we don’t know or take seriously the daily relevance of the Bible’s teaching on satan and the end times, we can unwittingly get swept up in his schemes.” – Derek Prince, The Beast or the Lamb
- For when we try to change God, who cannot be changed, we are the ones who suffer the consequences.
- When we’re under God’s covering, we find ourselves in His unmerited favor.
Isaiah 9:6 NKJV For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
God knows the choices of our hearts.
Galatians 6:7-10 NKJV Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.
- The law of reciprocity is called karma by the world.
- Choices have consequences.
Romans 12:1 NKJV I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
- For our nation’s broken cisterns and foundations to be fixed, we, the Church, must awaken our hearts and get back to our spiritual moorings and biblical principles.
Genesis 25:29-34 NKJV Esau sells his birthright
“Assumption is the lowest form of knowledge.” – Dr. Edwin Louis Cole
- We as Christians should be sensitive to how we express ourselves, even in our strong disagreements.
- God’s opinion is what matters.
One of the biggest challenges in our society today is the lack of civility and character we display in our disagreements.
1 Kings 18:20-21 NKJV So Ahab sent for all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together on Mount Carmel. And Elijah came to all the people, and said, “How long will you falter between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him.” But the people answered him not a word.
Joshua 5:13-15 NKJV And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, a Man stood opposite him with His sword drawn in His hand. .. Joshua went to Him and said to Him, “Are You for us or for our adversaries?” So He said, “No, but as Commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.” And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped, and said to Him, “What does my Lord say to His servant?” Then the Commander of the Lord’s army said to Joshua, “Take your sandal off your foot, for the place where you stand is holy.” And Joshua did so.
Romans 2:11 KJV For there is no respect of persons with God.
- It’s important that we align ourselves with Him and not try to justify our actions according to the flesh.
- We can become so isolated that we become indifferent.
- Also we need the presence of God.
- We need the Holy Spirit to give us a renewed revelation of the work of the Cross and the power of the Resurrection.
- Have a humble posture before the Lord.
- Let us discern the nature that determines our destiny.
- Will we choose the beast or the Lamb?
Joshua 24:15 NKJV …But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Psalm 51 NKJV Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness..
Link for “Create In Me A Clean Heart”:
- The Beast or the Lamb by Derek Prince
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org