Awaken Our Hearts, Oh God
Our Guests: Lewis Hogan and Dai Sup Han
After pastoring for 25 years, Lewis and Rachel Hogan birthed United Cry in October of 2012. Founded with the mandate to protect life, promote the role of pastors in America, and to pray for revival and awakening, United Cry uniquely focuses on pastors and churches to take responsibility for the spiritual condition of America. In addition, Lewis and Rachel are founders of DFW Prays, a network of 500 churches in the Dallas Metroplex that covers government, culture, and churches in continuous night and day prayer.
Lewis has founded the J2 Project which equips lay people and churches for times of crisis by bringing resources, chaplains, training, and prayer together. In addition to being Founder/President of United Cry, Lewis and Rachel also serve on the board of America Prays which unites over 20,000 churches in the U.S. to five prayer points for government, revival, and reconciliation. Lewis has been married to Rachel for the last thirty two years and is the proud father to three sons, Joshua, Jacob, and Jonathan, daughter-in-law, Brianna, and Granddaughter, Emmie.
Dai Sup Han is passionate about promoting relationships and building bridges among Jesus’ followers of various regions, denominations, ministries, ethnic groups and generations. He also mobilizes prayer and is actively networking servant leaders and intercessors in response to Jesus’ prayer in John 17:20-23. Dai Sup is a former Los Angeles high school teacher, served with YWAM, and has served as the National Facilitator for Prayer Surge NOW!, a weekly Saturday morning national prayer call since 2007, as well as a catalyst and one of the conveners of 2023 AWAKE, gatherings in multiple cities and states, including DFW AWAKE!
Scriptures and Key Points for Awakening:
- Prayer and the fight for life go hand in hand.
- We need to press on to revival and the great harvest.
- The longing of the Lord’s heart for our nation is to see all cultures, all denominations, and various generations come together.
- The United States is a nation of nations.
- It’s not about the number of people that come together or the words spoken. It’s about the condition of our hearts.
- God is looking for people fully committed to His Kingdom.
- Many people in the church would rather keep Jesus as their savior instead of allowing Him to be their Lord.
God wants to give us personal transformation and revival which leads to a citywide, regional, and global awakening.
- One blood, many nations
- Everything we do must come out of presence.
John 17:14 NKJV I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
- We are to be yielded to the King of Kings.
- We’re in a season of divine interruptions.
- There is a call to prayer.
- We have to have war room strategies of prayer.
- There needs to be a heart of intensity for the Lord.
- In a moment of desperate crisis, prayers become passionate.
“Prayer is so much more than handing a list of requests to God. If you want earth shaking results, you will be required to travail until heaven’s plan becomes a reality on earth. If we are honest with ourselves, we must admit that our prayers frequently degenerate into little more than religious incantations and shallow platitudes spoken out of a sense of religious duty.” – Doug Stringer
- The constant tension and pressure of the unknown forces people to their knees.
- Our heavenly Father wants to lavish us with good gifts, but often when He does that, we become complacent, self-centered, and comfortable.
- Prayer allows the spiritual air offense to take out the demonic strongholds which allows the Gospel to go through on the ground war.
2 Corinthians 10:4 NKJV For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds.
- We need to be the first ones saying, “I want to be the answer to prayer.”
- Prayer and obedient action need to come together.
There are three things the Church has had to overcome:
- Times of persecution where the Church still grew
- Areas of poverty where God still provided the loaves and fishes
- Long periods of peace and prosperity where God has given us resources, yet we forget why we have them
Hebrews 12:25-29 NKJV …Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also heaven.” Now this, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken…
- We need a gathering that combines the need for local spiritual awakening, national great awakening, and a need for global harvest together.
Acts 1:8 NKJV But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
- God wanted them to reach out to everyone at once.
- The Lord can pull together a group of intercessors that reaches beyond a single day.
Prayer for awakening is not an event. The events are culminations of what goes on beneath the surface.
- We need to be a people passionate about the presence of God.
John 17 NKJV Jesus Prays for His Disciples and for all Believers
- Unity is not about the lowest common denominator.
- When we no longer accept God’s discipline, we compromise and become complicit with sin and then suffer the consequences.
“I am not afraid that the people called Methodists should ever cease to exist either in Europe or America. But I am afraid lest they should only exist as a dead sect, having the form of religion without the power. And this undoubtedly will be the case unless they hold fast both the doctrine, spirit, and discipline with which they first set out.” – John Wesley
2 Chronicles 5 NKJV …And it came to pass when the priests came out of the Most Holy Place (for all the priests who were present had sanctified themselves, without keeping to their divisions)…So that the priests could not continue ministering because of the cloud; for the glory of the Lord filled the house of God.
- The Church is the people of God.
Wherever we go, we bring the house of God with us.
1 Corinthians 6:19 NKJV Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
- There should be no tension between the local church and ministries.
Matthew 28:19-20 NKJV Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Matthew 9:38 NKJV Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.
- The disciples were instructed to pray for laborers, but it was actually them who were to be sent.
- God has given each of us equal potential through the Holy Spirit.
- “It’s demo day in the Church.”
- God wants to take us back to the basics.
- Exposure, Implosions, Explosions
- We’ve been worshiping the Bethel, instead of the El of the Bethel.
Psalm 51:10 NKJV Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
2 Samuel 5:19-20 NKJV So David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I go up against the Philistines? Will You deliver them into my hand?” And the Lord said to David, “Go up, for I will doubtless deliver the Philistines into your hand.” So David went to Baal Perazim, and David defeated them there; and he said, “The Lord has broken through my enemies before me, like a breakthrough of water.” Therefore he called the name of that place Baal Perazim.
- Baal Perazim- God of the Breakthrough
God can use those who have not compromised to bring about an explosion of the move of His Spirit in an awakening.
- Start with self-reflection.
- If God can do a work in us, He can work through us.
- People are longing for the presence of God.
Isaiah 62:10 NIV Pass through, pass through the gates! Prepare the way for the people. Build up, build up the highway! Remove the stones. Raise a banner for the nations.
- There are stones in our hearts that God wants to remove.
- God wants us to have pure hearts so that together we can build a highway of holiness.
Ephesians 3:20 NKJV Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us
- DFW Awake
- Praying Effectively…. Through Times of Challenge by Doug Stringer (Excerpt from article Pray Until Something Happens, published in Charisma Magazine, March 1999)
- The Beast or the Lamb by Derek Prince
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org