An Attitude of Gratitude Brings Refreshing (Episode 195)
Scriptures and Key Points:
Colossians 1:12-18 NKJV Giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love…For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him…
Matthew 5:16 NKJV Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
- In a world full of darkness, we get to be lighthouses because Christ lives in us.
Galatians 5:1 NKJV Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
- We limit our future with how we deal with the past.
- When we bless and appreciate, blessings come back to us.
- There is a high cost for the liberties and freedoms we enjoy.
“Pardon the Noise, it’s the sound of Freedom!”
Philippians 4:6 NKJV Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
Psalm 107:8-9 NKJV Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness.
- There’s something powerful when we come before the Lord with an attitude of gratitude and honor.
- I believe we would see greater breakthroughs if we remembered to come with an attitude of thanksgiving.
John 4:1-42 NKJV The Samaritan Woman at the Well
- In giving the Lord adoration, it benefits us.
- God is our well of living water that never runs dry.
John 10:10 NKJV The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
- The highest form of worship is simple obedience.
- A little gratitude will go a long way in effective prayer.
- When we begin to appreciate God for who He is, we gain access to His presence in a new way.
- In God’s presence, great power and blessings are released.
- As we align ourselves with God’s Kingdom and His righteousness, agreement is a place of power.
- Make a commitment today to come before the Lord with thanksgiving and gratitude.
- Be diligent in your times of prayer, both individually and corporately.
- Armed with the prayer of faith, we will see God working in us and through us as vessels of breakthrough for our land.
Psalm 100 NKJV Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.
- We don’t have to take by force what God has already provided for us.
- All authority belongs to the Son of God’s love who in turn provides wisdom, power, and refreshing to each of us.
- God has given us a generational inheritance.
Jonah 2:7-9 NKJV “When my soul fainted within me, I remembered the Lord; and my prayer went up to You, into Your holy temple…
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org