Scriptures and Key Points:
- Go deeper in expectation of God and a deeper level of consecration.
- The presence of God is real.
- Exposure, Implosions, Explosions
- God will expose things done in darkness.
- Things we’ve put our security in will implode.
Hebrews 12:28 NKJV Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.
2 Kings 19:3 NKJV And they said to him, “Thus says Hezekiah: ‘This day is a day of trouble, and rebuke, and blasphemy; for the children have come to birth, but there is no strength to bring them forth.
Proverbs 13:12 NKJV Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire comes, it is a tree of life.
Proverbs 17:22 NKJV A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones.
- We need a revival of character so we can give hope to the next generation.
Hebrews 12:2 NKJV Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith…
- “Don’t call Me ‘’Lord’ unless you’re willing to live for Me.”
Simple obedience is the highest form of worship.
- God is not looking for perfect people, but those who are available yielded to Him.
Genesis 22 NKJV …And Abraham said to his young men, “Stay here with the donkey; the lad and I will go yonder and worship, and we will come back to you.”…
Romans 12:1 NKJV I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
- We need the landmarks of the past as foundations to build the future.
Micah 4 NKJV …“In that day,” says the Lord, “I will assemble the lame, I will gather the outcast and those whom I have afflicted; I will make the lame a remnant, and the outcast a strong nation…
- We will harvest together crossing denomination, generational, and racial lines.
- There is a corporate context that transcends each of us.
- With one fishing pole you can catch a fish, but with a mended net cast by the Lord we can bring in a greater harvest.
- Exposure-not just exposing the bad, but spotlighting what God has been doing.
- God wants to show up explosively.
- ”Suddenly” is in the Bible over 80 times.
- Nothing is “suddenly” to God.
Acts 2 NKJV …And suddenly there came a sound from heaven…
- The times are right for another “suddenly” moment.
Four Things That Attract the Presence of God:
- This is not about external piety, but an internal consecration of heart that tells God, “My life is not my own.”
- True, Authentic Humility
- Not self-defacing, but a confidence in God
- Psalm 51:10 NKJV Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
- The bad things in our lives can expose the hidden things, so God can bring healing.
- Honest with God and ourselves.
- Honor those who have gone before us and those around us.
- Appreciation releases something.
“Self is the opaque veil that hides the face of God from us.” – A.W. Tozer
We need God’s face, not His hand.
- When we know Him as our Father, we seek to hear His voice above all others.
Matthew 3:13-17 NKJV …And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
Colossians 1:12-18 NKJV Giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light….
Philippians 2:9 NKJV Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name
Luke 8:43-48 NKJV And Jesus said, “Who touched Me?”
- We need to press in to touch the Lord.
- Touch peoples’ hearts rather than argue with their minds.
- There’s a tangibility in coming with an opposite spirit to the world’s animosity.
- God hears our prayers and sees our tears.
- He wants our attention so He can expose the hidden things in order to do a work of healing.
Luke 21:13 NKJV But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony.
- In times of chaos, we need to hear God speaking to us.
- When we keep our eyes on the Son, we can have hope in the midst of the storms.
- In Him, we have the authority to speak into the seen and unseen realm.
Psalm 110:2-3 NKJV The Lord shall send the rod of Your strength out of Zion. Rule in the midst of Your enemies! Your people shall be volunteers in the day of Your power; in the beauties of holiness, from the womb of the morning, You have the dew of Your youth.
Revelation 2:1-7 NKJV …Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love…
Worship the God of the institution, not the institution.
2 Corinthians 2:14 NKJV Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.
- Don’t allow grief, sorrow, and discouragement to become a drug.
- God is bigger than our circumstances.
- “You got this!”
John 4:24 NKJV God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
1 Samuel 1:17 NKJV Then Eli answered and said, “Go in peace, and the God of Israel grant your petition which you have asked of Him.”
Hebrews 13:8 NKJV Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
- Our circumstances don’t change who God is, but God changes our circumstances.
Five Sins That Kept Israel Out of the Promised Land
- Lust – lust of the eye, lust of the flesh, pride of life (1 John 2:16 NKJV)
- Idolatry – anything that masters our affections more than Jesus
- Sexual Immorality – fornication, adultery, anything we allow into our spirits (Proverbs 23:7a NKJV)
- Tempting Christ – To say you’re a christian, but not living as one
- Murmuring – Getting offended, undermining one another
- “I could become bitter or better.”
- God Did Not Do This To Me by Lisa Stringer
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org