Scriptures and Key Points from Pentecost:
We are to go beyond Pentecost.
Galatians 5:1 NKJV Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
Acts 2 NKJV …Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, “Look, are not all these who speak Galileans?…
- Pentecost has its origins in Shavuot.
- Shavuot also marks the time that the Jews were given the Torah on Mount Sinai. It is considered a highly important historical event.
Exodus 32:28 NKJV So the sons of Levi did according to the word of Moses. And about three thousand men of the people fell that day.
Acts 2:41 NKJV Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.
The Pentecost brought life.
2 Corinthians 3:6 NKJV Who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
John 4:24 NKJV God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
Matthew 5:17 NKJV Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
John 14:6 NKJV Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”
- As believers we need to have a love for the truth and recognize through the grace of God we can live through Christ.
2 Corinthians 3:17 NKJV Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
- The power of the Holy Spirit and fire of God consumes the sacrifice on the altar.
- If the fire of God consumed the sacrifice on the altar in Solomon’s temple (1 Kings 8 NKJV) and His Glory filled the temple (that was built with the hands of men), how much more does the fire of God consume those who offer themselves as living sacrifices (Romans 12:1-2 NKJV) that are the temples of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NKJV) and purchased by the blood of Christ.
John 10:10 NKJV … I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
Acts 2:40 NKJV …“Be saved from this perverse generation.”
- We need to be a people of repentance and humility to walk before a holy God, so we can receive the outpouring of God’s presence.
Practical Principles for Going Beyond Pentecost:
Praise Him Through the Circumstance
- Paul and Silas (Acts 16:16-34 NKJV)
- When worship goes up, His presence comes down.
- Ephesians 3:20 NKJV Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.
- In the Spirit
- Pray the Word.
- It doesn’t come back void. (Isaiah 55:11 NKJV)
- Powerful (Hebrews 4:12 NKJV For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.)
- Renews our minds (Romans 12:2 NKJV)
- John 1:1 NKJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- Proverbs 30:5 NKJV Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.
“Prayer produces intimacy with the one to whom you pray, with whom you pray, and for whom you pray.” – Dr. Edwin Louis Cole, founder of the Christian Men’s Network
“Talk to God about your neighbors before you talk to your neighbors about God.” – Ed Silvoso
Speak the Word
- The word “zoe” in Genesis and Revelation means “the life of God.”
- By declaring His Word, we invite the breath of God into every situation of our lives.
Isaiah 55:10-11 NKJV “For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
Psalm 33:4-6 NKJV For the word of the Lord is right, and all His work is done in truth. He loves righteousness and justice; The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord. By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.
Spread the Word
- How can we spread the Word if we don’t have a relationship with the Living Word?
- God’s Word teaches us the way we should live and the way we should go
Psalm 32:8 NKJV I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.
- We need to call upon the name of the Lord, to be filled afresh with the Holy Spirit just as on the day of Pentecost.
- It starts with us returning to the fundamentals: getting back into the Word of God with a posture of humility, letting it change us, then going out to be a tangible expression of the Living Word to all those around us.
- We need the Holy Scriptures—the plumb line of God’s truth—to give us guidance, direction, and the answers we so desperately need.
Link about Pentecost:
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org