Scriptures and Key Points on Heart issues:
- Our heart needs to be made whole for God to use us.
- Every life experience becomes a life lesson that can become part of a larger message.
- We have a greater purpose than our situations.
- God’s Word doesn’t change because of the things we go through.
- We can’t allow our circumstances to dictate our response.
- The heart of a community should be the church.
- The Church needs to be united to reach the soul of the nation.
- Keep your mind focused on the purposes of God.
Hebrews 13:8 NLT Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
- We can turn our circumstances into opportunities for ministry.
- God is allowing things to happen in the Church to expose issues of the heart.
Matthew 26:36-46 NKJV …Stay here and watch with Me….
- Our hearts need to be open for God to do the work He wants to do.
God is exposing what is hidden in our hearts that could be harmful.
- An ascending aortic aneurysm is a bulging and weakening in your aorta at the point before the curve. If an aortic aneurysm ruptures, it can cause life-threatening bleeding.
Philippians 4:4-8 NKJV Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
John 14:1,6 NKJV Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me…Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”
“Jesus is our way out of Egypt – the world, He is our Truth at Mount Sinai – in the wilderness, and He is our Life – in the Promised Land.” – Doug Stringer, It’s Time to Cross the Jordan
John 8:32 NKJV And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Jesus gave Himself for our broken hearts.
Galatians 5:1 NKJV Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
- God is exposing our stubbornness so He can begin to do a work in our hearts.
Ezekiel 36:26 NKJV I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
Colossians 3:12-17 NKJV Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
We have become one new man.
2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
- We have more in common than what divides us.
Micah 4 NKJV Now it shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established …And peoples shall flow to it. Many nations shall come…
- We are part of something bigger than ourselves.
- The centrality of the Cross brings us together.
Proverbs 4:23 NKJV Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.
Revelation 22:1-2 NKJV And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life…The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
Psalm 51:10 NKJV Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
“Self is the opaque veil that hides the face of God from us.” – A.W. Tozer
2 Corinthians 5:18 NKJV Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NKJV …Pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God…
- It’s Time to Cross the Jordan by Doug Stringer
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org