Scriptures and Key Points:
Luke 24:29 NKJV But they constrained Him, saying, “Abide with us, for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent.” And He went in to stay with them.
- Sometimes we can gather in His name and yet miss the moment of His presence.
- When the disciples had communion with Jesus after the resurrection, their eyes were immediately opened and they had a renewed revelation of who He really is. And they had a renewed expectation of what was to come.
Acts 2 NKJV The Coming of the Holy Spirit
- Transforming revival has an impact beyond the moment.
- We are nothing without God’s holy presence.
- Spiritually we need to give the Lord all of our impurities and the things that capture our heart more than Jesus.
Five Kinds of Sin That Keep Us From Abiding With God:
1 Corinthians 10 NKJV …You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the Lord’s table and of the table of demons…
- Sexual Sins
- Tempting Christ
- Complaining and Gossiping
- You will never walk in your prophetic destiny if you do not allow God to deal with your sins.
- For you can’t serve the devil and God.
- “Don’t call me ‘Lord’ unless you’re willing to live for Me.”
- God has prepared you for a moment such as this.
1 Corinthians 11:27-29 NKJV Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.
- How can we enter into a corporate anointing if we have issues with our brothers and sisters?
1 Samuel 15:23 KJ21 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft…
Daniel 11:32b NKJV But the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.
- When we surrender to God, the power of heaven and earth lives in us. And the Holy Spirit works through us.
Communion is a form of authentic unity.
- When you’ve been in the presence of a holy God, there is no division.
- We’re undone and humbled, then He can cleanse us through His grace.
Hebrews 13:8 NKJV Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Romans 14:11 NKJV …Every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
- Surrendering to the Lord today determines your future and His calling on your life.
- “God, we do not have the human capacity to change what’s happening, but we serve a supernatural God.”
- What God has done in the past is nothing compared to what He wants to do in you.
- Anything that masters your affections more than Jesus keeps us from walking in the place that God wants for us.
1 Samuel 1:17 NKJV …“Go in peace, and the God of Israel grant your petition which you have asked of Him.”
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org