Scriptures and Key Points:
James 1:12 ESV Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
- We have a destination that we need to step into.
- Those who tell the story define the narrative.
- Greatness isn’t something that we are born with; we step into moments.
- Being a man is a matter of choice.
- God calls us to a place of “You got this!”
Acts1:8 NKJV But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you..
Luke 21:26 NKJV Men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
Luke 22:39-46 NKJV …When He rose up from prayer, and had come to His disciples, He found them sleeping from sorrow…
- Sometimes discouragement is a drug.
- When you choose to be a man, there will be things that will come against you.
- You need to hear the Father.
- The power that comes from Heaven endues us in a way that we could never do on our own.
- Keep praying and working.
- Step into the moment.
- When we know Him as our Father, we seek to hear His voice above all others.
- We find our power when we seek the Lord.
Realize that you have a destination, a significant moment that you need to step into.
- There are things that happen in our lives to expose our hearts.
- Get back to that place of our first love.
Revelation 2:1-7 NKJV …Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love…
“You can’t do what you used to do. And you’re not the man you used to be. But that doesn’t mean you can’t be today’s man and tomorrow’s man for God.” – T.D. Jakes
- Wabi-Sabi – the Japanese art of finding the beauty in imperfections.
- We can’t change our past, but the decisions we make everyday determine our future.
- Exposure, Implosions, Explosions
- God will expose things that are hidden.
Psalm 51:10 NKJV Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
- “Expose the things in my heart that I need to see.”
- There will be implosions of the things we put our trust in rather than trusting God.
Hebrews 12:28 NKJV Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.
Matthew 24:6 NKJV And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
- God is going to bring the dunamis power of His Spirit.
- “Ruach” is a Hebrew word for the breath of God.
“Being a male is a matter of birth. Being a man is a matter of choice.” – Dr. Edwin Louis Cole
Books for You to Check Out:
- Leadership Awakening by Doug Stringer
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org