Scriptures and Key Points:
Nehemiah 8:1-2 NKJV Now all the people gathered together as one man in the open square that was in front of the Water Gate; and they told Ezra the scribe to bring the Book of the Law of Moses, which the Lord had commanded Israel. So Ezra the priest brought the Law before the assembly of men and women and all who could hear with understanding on the first day of the seventh month.
Hebrews 12:28 NIV Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe.
- “Suddenly” is used in scripture over 88 times.
- Yet what is “suddenly” to us is not suddenly to God.
- We’re here, not by chance, but by providence.
- Exposure, Implosions, Explosions
- The exposure of sin, but also exposure of things being done right
- Judgment starts in the house of the Lord
- Implosions of what we put our trust in so that our only hope is in the Lord.
- Pray the Word, Speak the Word, Declare the Word.
Haggai 2:1-9 NKJV In the seventh month, on the twenty-first of the month, the word of the Lord came by Haggai the prophet, saying: “Speak now… Yet now be strong…“For thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘Once more (it is a little while) I will shake heaven and earth, the sea and dry land…
1 Kings 8 NKJV The Dedication of the Temple
Psalm 139:14 NKJV I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made…
The ones God wants to use the most, the devil tries to distract the most.
- We can’t change our past, but the decisions we make everyday determine our future.
2 Corinthians 6:16 NKJV …For you are the temple of the living God…
Romans 12:1 NKJV I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
Hebrews 12:2 NKJV Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith…
Colossians 1:27 NKJV …which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
- Circumstances don’t change God, God changes circumstances.
“You can’t do what you used to do. And you’re not the man you used to be. But that doesn’t mean you can’t be today’s man and tomorrow’s man for God.” – T.D. Jakes
- God’s purposes are good.
Jeremiah 29:11 NKJV For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
- Be strong! Keep working, for God is with you.
- Worship and the voice of praise are tools for battle.
2 Chronicles 20 NKJV …Thus says the Lord to you: ‘Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s…And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground, and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem bowed before the Lord, worshiping the Lord.
- Praise God through your circumstances.
- God’s purpose is greater than what you’re going through.
- Take a posture of humility before God.
John 4:1-42 NKJV The Samaritan Woman
- Obedience is the highest form of worship.
Nehemiah 8:10 NKJV …the joy of the Lord is your strength.
There’s something about the corporate presence of God in the midst of humility, worship, and praise.
- God wants your limp, the devil wants your vision and your strength.
- The limp of God is greater than walking in our own strength.
1 Samuel 11 NKJV Then Nahash the Ammonite came up…
Numbers 13:25-14:10 NASB The Report of the Ten Spies
- If we see God bigger than our circumstances, we will act that way.
- God is God and we are not.
Colossians 1:16-18 NKJV For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him…
Genesis 32:22-32 NKJV Wrestling with God
- Jabbok is the place of total surrender to the will of the Father.
Matthew 26:39 NKJV …“O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.”
- Come before the Lord in surrender then the Lord can put you in your destiny and give you a new name.
- Your desire to win must be greater than your moment of challenge.
- If God gave you a promise, it doesn’t matter what the journey looks like, He will keep His promise.
- You got this!!
Micah 4 NKJV …They shall beat their swords into plowshares…
- Many want the power of the upper room without the crucible of the cross.
- Rosh Hashanah
- Yom Kippur
- The Devil Wants Your Vision, But The Lord Wants Your Limp
- Winning the Right Way with Elias Flores and Caleb Flores (Episode 188)
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org