The Kingdom is Built on Relationships (Episode 192)
Scriptures and Key Points:
“While men reach for thrones to build their own kingdoms, Jesus reached for a towel to wash men’s feet.” -Doug Stringer
- Jesus left His exalted place to pursue us.
- We need to have a purpose greater than ourselves.
- What needs to be done cannot be done alone.
“The four-year-old who says, ‘I can do it by myself’ has a lot in common with the typical pastor. Pastors are notorious for their Lone Ranger approach to ministry. It’s what I call the #1 failure of 90% of pastors. They prefer to do it alone.” – Pastor Joe McKeever
“There is nothing more deceitful than your estimate of your own strength.” – Robert McCheyne
- When we recognize that what God has called us to do is too big for any one of us, then we’ll finally be ready for God to use us.
- “If it’s not too big for you, then you don’t need Me.”
- It’s important for us to spread the net, wash the net, mend the net, and allow God to cast the net.
“The Kingdom of God is built on relationships. First with God, then with one another. And the degree of influence that we have in this generation, or leave for the next generation, is determined by the level, or degree, of those relationships with God and with one another.” – Doug Stringer
- With one fishing pole you can catch a fish, but with a mended net we can bring in a greater harvest.
- It’s time for us to expand and spread the net.
Luke 9:6 NKJV So they departed and went through the towns, preaching the gospel and healing everywhere.
- Somebody Cares started with a handful of people who had a passion for God and compassion for souls.
- Somebody Cares is now a coalition and network of organizations and churches impacting communities through prayer initiatives, compassion outreaches, training and responding in times of crisis, as well as equipping and encouraging leaders globally.
Acts 1:8 NKJV But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
- We need to reach our communities, then our nations, and from there to neighboring countries and then to the rest of the world.
Proverbs 14:25 NKJV A true witness delivers souls…
Romans 5:20 NKJV Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more.
Luke 21:12-13 NKJV But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you…But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony.
Matthew 5:16 NKJV Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
- We can be a tangible expression of Christ to those around us.
John 4:34-35 NIV “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work…I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.
Luke 10:25-37 NKJV The Good Samaritan …So which of these three do you think was neighbor to him who fell among the thieves?” And he said, “He who showed mercy on him.” Then Jesus said to him, “Go and do likewise.”
Luke 5:6-7 NKJV And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking. So they signaled to their partners in the other boat to come and help them. And they came and filled both the boats, so that they began to sink.
- We should stay low in a posture of humility, draw near to the Lord, and incline our ears to hear what the Spirit is saying.
Luke 9:2 NKJV He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.
Luke 21:28 NKJV Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.
- Mending the Net by Doug Stringer
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org