The Isaiah 62 Fast for Israel
Listen in as guest, Mike Bickle, shares about the Isaiah 62 fast for Israel.
Our Guest: Mike Bickle
Mike Bickle is founder of the International House of Prayer of Kansas City (IHOPKC), an evangelical missions organization based on 24/7 prayer and worship. For 23 years, the IHOPKC prayer room has continued 24/7 in nonstop prayer meetings led by worship teams. IHOPKC is also engaged in many outreaches, justice initiatives, and equipping leaders, musicians, and missionaries.
Scriptures and Key Points about Israel:
Isaiah 1 NKJV …When you spread out your hands, I will hide My eyes from you…“Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean…Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow…
- When we come together in humility with a hunger for the presence of God, we come out of His presence undivided with a purpose.
What is the Isaiah 62 Fast?
- It is a call for millions of believers to pray one hour a day for 21days for Israel.
- Thousands of ministries are collaborating to do this together in the month of May.
How you can participate in the Isaiah 62 Fast for Israel:
- Go to Isaiah62Fast.com.
- You can search for a prayer hub to join or become a prayer hub.
- As a hub, you’re committing to pray one hour a day for 21 days with 2, 3, or more people.
Why Isaiah 62:
- Isaiah 62 is the clearest Biblical description of the glory of God coming on Jerusalem.
- We become the beneficiaries of the blessing fulfilled in Isaiah 62.
- The Biblical declaration of the favor of God on Jerusalem affects the completion of the Great Commission.
- Verse 6 tells of God’s promise to stir up intercessors for Jerusalem.
- These prayer warriors will not stop praying until Jerusalem is the praise of the Earth which is code for the second coming of Christ.
- Replacement theology has convinced many wrongly that there is no place for Israel.
- Truth is confrontational. We need to speak the truth in love, seasoned with grace, but we must speak the truth nonetheless.
- Christians need to fear God more than they fear man.
- We have no future if we don’t respect the foundations we were called to build on.
Why this is a critical time for Israel:
- Many sources believe that Israel is on the verge of a civil war.
- Iran has promised to annihilate Israel.
- Iran is the prince of Persia (Daniel 10 NKJV)
- We’re in a Daniel 10 moment.
Esther 4:14 NKJV For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
- Esther was called to come before the king with prayer and fasting for the rescue and deliverance of Israel.
- This is a global Esther moment in history.
“Josephus, the first-century Jewish historian who witnessed the tragedy of the destruction of Jerusalem and the desecration of the Temple- wrote that the Jews ‘turned their hands one against another.’ Divided families, towns and communities were in conflict…” – Watch Jerusalem in November 2019
- America is in a similar position as Israel was before their destruction.
- We can pray that this crisis is averted.
How did God bring this Isaiah 62 Fast about?
- The fast did not come about by prophetic insight, but rather God did it.
- God is stirring up intercessors.
- “You’ll have 24 hour prayer with singers and musicians one day.”
- “In that day you will see 100 million gentiles pray for Israel.”
Numbers 22:22-35 NKJV Balaam, the Donkey, and the Angel
- “Call your friends to join you.”
Judges 6:36-40 NKJV The Sign of the Fleece
- “It was an accident. No one engineered this. This is God-breathed.”
Psalm 110:2-3 NKJV The Lord shall send the rod of Your strength out of Zion. Rule in the midst of Your enemies! Your people shall be volunteers in the day of Your power; in the beauties of holiness, from the womb of the morning, You have the dew of Your youth.
- This will be a synergistic gathering of believers praying with focus through scripture, regardless of our backgrounds, to pray for Israel.
- Worship is prayer.
This fast is a dual prophetic act.
- Not only are we praying for Israel, we are asking God to again do an outpouring of His presence.
“God doesn’t answer prayer. He answers desperate prayer.” – Leonard Ravenhill
- A corporate anointing and authority is released when we join together in prayer.
- Everything we do we cannot do by good works alone; we need the manifest presence of God.
2 Chronicles 5 NKJV …And it came to pass when the priests came out of the Most Holy Place (for all the priests who were present had sanctified themselves, without keeping to their divisions)…
- Revival will come by choice or by circumstance.
- We look to the past not to make it an altar, but for direction to the future.
- This is a beginning.
Zechariah 12:10 NKJV And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication…
- Brown, Murillo and Kendall: If Jesus Sinned, the Bible is a Lie
- Seven Ways to Pray for Israel – Derek Prince
- How to Pray for Israel by Derek Prince
- Seeking Israel’s Good By Prayer by Derek Prince
- 31 Short Prayers for Israel- Derek Prince
- March of the Nations 2023 Join to pray in Israel with Nazi descendants at March of Life.
- March of the Nations 2023 | 75 Years of Israel
- Mending the Net by Doug Stringer
- Our Debt to Israel by Derek Prince
- The Antioch Mandate by Brondon Mathis
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org