Scriptures and Key Points for Reflecting:
- Reflecting and being grateful for all the sacrifices made by so many for the liberties and freedoms we all enjoy today.
“We have God to thank for America’s Birthday… No People can be bound to acknowledge and adore the invisible hand, which conducts the Affairs of men more than the People of the United States. Every step, by which they have advanced to the character of an independent nation, seems to have been distinguished by some token of providential agency.” – George Washington
- Witnessing the inclination to casually disregard what previous generations have held to be of fundamental importance.
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.” – Ronald Reagan
- Our Founding Fathers understood that freedom naturally decays as societies expand unless people of principle defend it.
- In our freedoms and liberties, we may not always agree on every issue.
- But may we remember to always have respect and show civility in our public discourse, even in our disagreements.
Let us remember and reflect upon the fundamental values that our nation was founded on.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” – The Declaration of Independence
“…One nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all…” – the Pledge of Allegiance
Acts 17:26-28 NKJV And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’
Galatians 5:1 NKJV Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
- The providence of God has brought us together for a time such as this.
- God wants us to reflect on our own heart conditions.
- Lasting change will never take place until the inward corruption of the heart is first dealt with.
- We need individual heart awakening and a corporate Church heart awakening, if we are going to heal the soul of a nation.
- The Eagle is Balding: When The Lion Roars, Eagles Soar….Will The Church Unite to Help Heal The Nation?
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org