As Hurricane Ian makes landfall in Southwest Florida as a Category 4 storm, Somebody Cares and our network of chapters and ministries are prepared to respond.
Somebody Cares has a longtime presence in Florida with chapters in various cities there and numerous church relationships. We have been in contact with our partners in that region along with our suppliers, and a truckload of cleaning materials and other supplies is on stand-by, ready to be deployed immediately to an area in great need as soon as the storm passes. Our Holy Smoke USA grill team is also prepared to deploy with meat and food donations for hot meals.
Our partners throughout the region are also preparing to respond. In Tampa Bay, our SC chapter has already begun collecting bottled water and other items to transport wherever needed, as well.
Supplies that will be needed immediately include:
- Non-Perishable Food
- Cleaning and sanitation supplies
- Muck-out tools
- Generators and fuel
- Chainsaws & tools for tree removal
- Rubber boots and gloves
- Gift cards for residents to purchase urgent necessities
Your donation today of any amount will help us with the cost of fuel to immediately transport essential supplies we have received and provide aid to the affected areas! We are also continuing our work in Puerto Rico and Eastern Kentucky.
- $20 can provide a hot meal for a family
- $50 can provide tarps for a roof
- $200 can provide fuel to run a generator for a week
- $2000 can cover the cost to transport a container of food, hygiene items, and cleaning supply donations
- Will you consider a generous donation today of $50, $100, $500, or more?
Thank you for caring!