“Be Obsessed With the Love of One” with Samuel Rodriguez (Episode 163)
Our Guest: Samuel Rodriguez
Sammy Rodriguez is lead pastor of New Season–one of America’s most influential mega churches, according to Newsmax–and president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, one of the world’s largest Christian organizations. Charisma magazine named him one of the 40 leaders who changed the world, and The Wall Street Journal named him one of the top 12 Latino leaders; he was the only faith leader on that list. He is the best-selling author of Be Light and executive producer of three films, including Breakthrough. For more information, go to PastorSam.com.
Scriptures and Key Points on the Love of One:
- Destiny and Discipline can never be separated.
- When your integrity is more important than your influence, nothing can stop you.
- o Be driven by anointing rather than ambition
- o Your hunger for righteousness is greater than your fear of criticism
- In leadership, you are who surrounds you.
Romans 10:9 NKJV That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Jeremiah 1 NKJV …Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” … “Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.” But the Lord said to me: “Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ For you shall go to all to whom I send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, For I am with you to deliver you,” says the Lord…
- God always fulfills His promise by taking you through the process.
- The true battle is between your mind and your mantle.
o Thoughts in your head vs. the calling on your life
o Anointing vs. Anxiety
o Drama vs. Destiny
o Imagination for your future vs. Memories of your past
- What makes me holy is not what I do, but the Holy Spirit of God inside of me.
If I let the Spirit guide me, I am:
o Acts 1:8 NKJV But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
o 2 Corinthians 3:17 NKJV Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
- Driven by the Spirit
o Galatians 5:16 NKJV I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
- Filled with the Spirit
o Ephesians 5:18 NKJV And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit.
- Defined with the Spirit
o Romans 8:11 NKJV But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
Luke 21 NKJV …when you hear of wars and commotions, do not be terrified; for these things must come to pass first, but the end will not come immediately.” Then He said to them, “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom…
“Time like light makes things manifest.”- Dr. Edwin Louis Cole
Pastor Sam’s Mantra:
- Today’s complacency is tomorrow’s captivity.
- You are what you tolerate.
- There is no such thing as comfortable christianity.
- Truth must never be sacrificed on the altar of political or cultural expediency.
- In all that you do, reconcile your eschatology with yourmissiology.
“While the church is waiting for Christ to come down, He’s waiting for the church to stand up.” – Pastor Sam Rodriguez
Job 1:21 NKJV …The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away;
“Blessed be the name of the Lord.”
- Also there is a beautiful fear of the Lord that ignites and grows faith.
- If all we do is speak truth, we’re mathematicians. And if all we do is love, we’re hippies. The moment we combine truth with love, we’re followers of Christ.
Psalm 89:14 NKJV Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne;
Mercy and truth go before Your face.
- Reconciling the vertical and the horizontal planes of the Christian message
o Righteousness with Justice
o Sanctification with Service
o Conviction with Compassion
o John 3:16 with Matthew 25
o Orthodoxy with Orthopraxy
- Nexus = an important connection between the parts of a system or a group of things (Cambridge dictionary)
“Let others live on the raw edge of the cutting edge. You and I shall live on the edge of eternity.” – Leonard Ravenhill
“Self is the opaque veil that hides the face of God from us.” – A. W. Tozer
“Perception is truth to those who perceive it.” – Doug Stringer
“Our dark times require prophetic leadership, people who are committed to issuing a clarion call to followers of Jesus to be holy, to be one, and to be the light.” – Pastor Samuel Rodriguez, Leadership Awakening endorsement
- You can talk about the darkness or you can go in the room and turn on the light.
- We shouldn’t be more concerned by followers than the One we follow.
- Therefore we should be defined by the love of the One rather than the likes of many.
Matthew 16:18 NKJV And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
Three Keys for the Church:
- 1 Peter 1:16 NKJV Because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”
- Biblical holiness matters
- Be One
John 17:21 NKJV That they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; … they also may be one in Us, …the world may believe that You sent Me.
- There’s only 1 church, the Church of Jesus Christ
- A divided church will never heal a nation; a united church can change the world.
- Be Light
Matthew 5:14-16 NKJV “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
John 1:5 NKJV And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
- There is no revival without repentance.
- Repentance leads to revival that leads to reformation.
- Holiness isn’t external piety, but it’s the inward consecration of your heart.
“No leader sets out to fail.” – Doug Stringer
The church needs an alignment, not a massage.
- There needs to be an alignment between the head, the heart, and the hand with the Word of God. That’s holiness.
- We need to surrender every day.
Daniel 11:32-35 NKJV Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits…And some of those of understanding shall fall..
- Humility before the Lord is key.
- The Art of Kintsugi is finding the value in brokenness.
- God’s work is redemptive
1 John 1:9 NKJV If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
2 Chronicles 20:12 NKJV O our God, will You not judge them? For we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You.
- “I have no idea what to say… no idea what to pray…don’t know what to do, but You do.”
Revelation 12:11 NKJV And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
Luke 1:37 NKJV For with God nothing will be impossible.
Also, Luke 1:37 NIV For no word from God will ever fail.
1 John 2:27 NKJV But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org