Scriptures and Key Points:
John 1:14 NKJV And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
Philippians 4:7 NKJV The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Matthew 5:16 NKJV Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
John 8:12 NKJV Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”
- Always have a grateful heart and don’t forget where God has brought you from.
- With one fishing pole we can catch a fish, but as a mended net working together being cast by the Lord we can do much more.
- The greatest gift of all was the love shown through the work of the cross and the power of the resurrection.
John 10:10b NKJV I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
- Advent means “the arrival of a notable person, thing, or event.”
- We have the promise of His manifest presence and the expectation of His second coming.
The Four Themes of Advent
- Hope, Faith, Joy, and Peace
“The Advent season reminds us that God sent His Son to this world so that we might have a relationship with Him. Yet, Jesus also suffers with us and helps us navigate our pain. During Advent, Christians celebrate and reflect upon Christ’s first coming. While at the same time, the Church looks forward in eager anticipation to Christ’s second coming. When Christians and families celebrate Advent, they unite in a generational tradition of celebration and anticipation of Jesus’ second coming.” – Jackson Greer, Welcome to Advent 2021
1 John 1:5-7 NKJV This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
John 1:1-5 NKJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
- Advent is about anticipation.
- This dark world needs the light of the Lord.
- Welcome to Advent 2021 by Jackson Greer
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org