THE devil WANTS YOUR STRENGTH, THE LORD WANTS YOUR LIMP (Episode 191)
Scriptures and Key Points to help you give the Lord your limp:
- Sometimes to get bearings for our future, we need to look back to see where we’ve come from.
Amos 7:7-9 NKJV Thus He showed me: Behold, the Lord stood on a wall made with a plumb line, with a plumb line in His hand…
“A tattered Bible is evidence of a life that is not.” – Charles Spurgeon
- Being in God’s Word changes us, renews our minds, and gives us a footing on which we can stand and build when our world is being shaken.
Romans 12:2 NKJV And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Ephesians 5:26 NKJV That He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word
1 Samuel 11 NKJV Jabesh Gilead
- When our backs are against the wall and we are limping, we are tempted to give up our convictions.
- “Nahash” means serpent or cunning one.
Genesis 32:22-32 NKJV Jacob wrestled with God
- Jacob came to that place in his own strength and wrestled with God, but he left with a limp and changed.
James 1:12 ESV Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
- We need to be full of discernment and love the truth.
- There are no shortcuts in life or faith.
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
- We should be wrestling with God, not flesh and blood.
2 Corinthians 10:3-18 NKJV For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ…
Six Practical Principles (Keys for Spiritual Warfare):
- Praise God through it.
- Pray in the Spirit
- Meditate on the Word of God
- Pray the Word
- Hebrews 4:12 NKJV For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
- We must be a people of expectation in the Lord.
- “Prayer produces intimacy to whom you pray, for whom you pray, and with whom you pray.” -Dr. Edwin Louis Cole
- “Talk to God about your neighbors, before you talk to your neighbors about God.” – Ed Silvoso, Prayer Evangelism
- Speak the Word
- Isaiah 55:11 NKJV So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void…
- John 1:1 NKJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- Hebrews 4:12 KJV
- Proverbs 30:5 NKJV Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him
- “Zoe” means life.
- The Living Word is living inside us.
- 1 Corinthians 6:19 NKJV Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
- God gives us authority.
- Ezekiel 37 NKJV (The Dry Bones)
- Acts 20:8-12 NKJV (Eutychus)
- Luke 8:11 NKJV …The seed is the word of God.
- Philippians 2:16 NET By holding on to the word of life so that on the day of Christ I will have a reason to boast that I did not run in vain nor labor in vain.
- Isaiah 55:9-12 NKJV For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts…
- Since God’s word doesn’t return void, we can have confidence in its effectiveness.
- Psalm 33:4-6 NKJV For the word of the Lord is right, and all His work is done in truth. He loves righteousness and justice; The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord. By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.
- Spread His Word
- Let God’s light shine through us.
- Psalm 32:8-11 NKJV I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye…
- To know God’s heart, we must know His Word.
- We need to be in a place of humility with our limp before God.
- Prayer Evangelism by Ed Silvoso
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org