Scriptures and Key Points from Luke:
- We are in a kairos moment.
- Seasons are not just about the seasons of the year.
- We are to be a lighthouse in the midst of the storm.
Galatians 6:9-10 NKJV And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.
- Chronos is measurable.
- Kairos is an appointed time, an opportune moment, or in due season.
Luke 10:37 NKJV And he said, “He who showed mercy on him.” Then Jesus said to him, “Go and do likewise.”
- Draw near to God’s presence so He can work in us and through us.
- We are all called to lead.
Colossians 1:27 NKJV …which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
- The success of a leader is not just what we see on a platform, but by the unseen places where burdens are carried and dreams and visions are formed causing restless and sometimes sleepless nights for the ones they are called to serve.
- You can become better or bitter.
Preach the Word; Be in season and out of season.
Luke 9:2 NKJV He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.
2 Timothy 4:2 AMPC Herald and preach the Word! Keep your sense of urgency [stand by, be at hand and ready], whether the opportunity seems to be favorable or unfavorable. [Whether it is convenient or inconvenient, whether it is welcome or unwelcome, you as preacher of the Word are to show people in what way their lives are wrong.] And convince them, rebuking and correcting, warning and urging and encouraging them, being unflagging and inexhaustible in patience and teaching.
“Let others live on the raw edge of the cutting edge. You and I shall live on the edge of eternity.” – Leonard Ravenhill
- God is asking us to be available and walk in simple obedience which is the highest form of worship.
Proverbs 27:7 NKJV A satisfied soul loathes the honeycomb, but to a hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.
“While men reach for thrones to build their own kingdoms, Jesus reached for a towel to wash men’s feet.” -Doug Stringer
1 Corinthians 9:16-18 NKJV For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel! For if I do this willingly, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have been entrusted with a stewardship. What is my reward then? That when I preach the gospel, I may present the gospel of Christ without charge, that I may not abuse my authority in the gospel.
- Our sacrifices for God will never compare to what He sacrificed for us.
Isaiah 58:11 NKJV …And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
The book of Luke is from the perspective of a physician who wishes you to be healed.
- Those who believe are challenged to count the cost of discipleship.
Luke 19:10 NKJV For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.
- God is longing to draw the lost to Himself so they may find direction and hope.
Luke 1:1-4 NKJV Inasmuch as many have taken in hand to set in order a narrative of those things which have been fulfilled among us…
- Theophilus also means “friend of God”.
- Read a chapter of Luke daily starting on the first day of December.
- “Sozo” to be saved or made whole.
Colossians 2:9 NKJV For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily
Revelation 22:1-2 NKJV And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
Hebrews 12:2 NKJV looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith…
Philippians 4:13 NKJV I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Jeremiah 32:17 NKJV ‘Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You.’
Ephesians 3:20 NKJV Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org