Child of the King, Free and Accepted! (Episode 175)
Scriptures and Key Points:
- Juneteenth, is also known as Liberation Day, Emancipation Day, and Freedom Day.
- Although slavery was abolished in 1863, many in the Gulf Coast did not hear about their freedom until June 19th, 1865, nearly 2 1/2 years after the Emancipation.
- We as Christians have been granted liberty and freedom through Christ and the proclamation of His Promises and Word. We are accepted!
- Many of us are living far short of God’s intentions.
Galatians 5:1 NKJV Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
Galatians 5:13 NIV You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.
John 8:36 NKJV Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
2 Corinthians 5:18 NIV All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation.
- We need God’s ministry in us to work through us.
- While we don’t camp in the past, we do look at the past to know where we’re going.
- Fatherhood is essential to the development of our children. They need to know they are accepted.
- There is a great need for courageous men and fathers.
- Be a man for Jesus because He became a man for us.
“The world has yet to see what God can do with a man fully consecrated to him.”– Henry Varley, to D.L. Moody
“There are no limitations to those who have been in the presence of the Lord.” – D.L. Moody
“The fate of every society is determined by the character of its heroes and the strength of its warriors.” – Paul Cole
- Champions are not hindered by obstacles, but determined to overcome them.
“Being a male is a matter of birth, but being a man is a matter of choice.” – Dr. Edwin Louis Cole
“Maturity is not based on your age, but on your willingness to accept responsibility.” – Dr. Edwin Louis Cole
- God is calling each of us to be heroes and champions to our generation.
- There are no limits to what God can do in and through our lives when we’re surrendered to Him.
Isaiah 1:17 NKJV …Defend the fatherless…
- We can do nothing without Him.
1 Corinthians 15: 21-22 NKJV For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.
- God is not looking for our perfection, but our willingness to be available to Him. You are accepted.
- God’s anointing breaks the yokes of bondage.
- “I want to be a man for Him, because He became a man for me.” Doug Stringer
Matthew 3:13-17 NKJV Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him. And John tried to prevent Him, saying, “I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?” But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him. When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
Colossians 1:12-21 NKJV Giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
Nothing Can Limit What God Can Do IN and THRU You if you:
- Stay in the presence of the Lord. You are accepted.
- Make yourself available to God.
- Walk in simple obedience.
Doug’s Daily Prayers
- “Lord, Help me be the man you want me to be (accepted).” Doug Stringer
- Thank God for the privilege of His calling.
- Use me, God, in some way today to bring glory to You name.
Matthew 5:16 NKJV Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
Psalm 103:13 AMP Just as a father loves his children, so the Lord loves those who fear and worship Him with awe-filled respect and deepest reverence.
James 1:12 ESV Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
Malachi 4:6 NKJV And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.
Galatians 4:6 NKJV And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!”
- We can’t change our past, but the decisions we make today and every day determine our future.
- God looks at you with affirmation, approval, and acceptance because you are set in the love of the Son.
Books on Acceptance:
- Doug Stringer’s book Hope for a Fatherless Generation offers a balanced approach that raises awareness of an anti-biblical phenomenon while offering hope and practical solutions to address the crisis. You can make a positive difference in the lives of a generation seeking hope and truth. Order a copy now so you can leave a legacy of love in your community!
- Also, check out Doug’s book, In Search of a Father’s Blessing.
Fox News article: America’s crisis is a lack of fathers
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org