Scriptures and Key Points about Revival:
The coming revival will involve three things:
- God is going to expose the good, the bad, and the ugly.
- He wants us to be ready for what He’s going to do.
- There will be implosions of things we thought we could lean on.
- God wants new wineskins for what He’s about to do. (Matthew 9:17 NKJV)
- The revival will be explosions of His presence.
Psalm 51:10 NKJV Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Psalm 110:2-3 NKJV …Your people shall be volunteers in the day of Your power; in the beauties of holiness, from the womb of the morning, you have the dew of your youth.
- Don’t worry about the external things.
- Be who God has called you to be.
- Go deeper in Him and higher in expectation.
- God is the master of breakthroughs. (Baal Perazim– God of the Breakthrough)
- Be introspective with God, so He can do a work in you to do a work through you.
“Because the Trinity includes three persons, she said, the next great move (revival) throughout the land would focus on the father heart of God, beginning with the hearts of the fathers turning to the children and the hearts of the children turning to their fathers (see Malachi 4:6).” – Fuchsia Pickett
- God is attracted to our hunger for Him.
Matthew 5:6 NKJV Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.
Houston is ready for a Revival – History, Hunger, Holiness
- Historical context for revival in Houston
Nothing is suddenly to God.
- The word “suddenly” is used 88 times in the Bible.
Acts 2 NKJV …And suddenly there came a sound from heaven…
- “Now it’s time. My people are hungry.”
- Everything this current generation is looking for is found in God.
- This revival will showcase the Father heart of God.
- There was a price paid to pray, to seek the Lord, to sow of time, talent, and resources.
- When the hunger level is rising, God is going to show up in one of those “suddenly” moments.
“…When the Word and the Spirit come together, there will be the biggest movement of the Holy Spirit that the nation, and indeed the world, has ever seen.” – Smith Wigglesworth
- Historically, most outpourings have been in the midst of the most difficult times.
- It is the Church awakened that can bring healing.
- Worship God with authenticity.
“Revival comes from heaven when heroic souls enter the conflict determined to win or die-or if need be, to win and die!” ― Charles Finney
God is looking for people who are hungry and desperate for His presence, not just revival.
- In God’s presence, there is no division.
“In 1806, five Williams College students met by the Hoosic River in Massachusetts near a grove of trees to discuss how to reach the world with the Gospel. Suddenly a thunderstorm poured down torrential rain and the students hid next to a haystack till it passed.” – William Federer
“The brevity of the shower, the strangeness of the place of refuge, and the peculiarity of their topic of prayer and conference all took hold of their imaginations and their memories. The Haystack Prayer Meeting led to the founding of the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions, which in the next 50 years sent out 1,250 missionaries to India, China, Hawaii, southeast Asian countries. In 150 years, it sent out 5,000 to mission fields around the world. Missionaries established schools, hospitals and translated the Bible into indigenous languages, even creating written languages.” – Arthur Latham Perry
- God had better plans.
- God moves on hungry hearts and prayers.
- Simply obey God and do what He asks you to do.
- God will give strategies to each of us.
- The answers are in the presence of God.
- The camels are coming.
- We need a holiness that is not external, but an inward hunger and consecration.
- “I need you, Father.”
- God heals in the midst of it all.
2 Corinthians 6:18 NKJV “I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”
Psalm 68:6 NIV God sets the lonely in families…
- Where a holy God is being worshiped, it changes everything and does a work in us.
- The scriptures come alive with the Holy Spirit and the presence of God.
The Father Heart in Revival
- The Old Testament word for Father was “Ab”.
- Jesus introduced a whole new understanding of “father” (patér).
Matthew 6:9 NKJV …Our Father in heaven…
Romans 8:15 NKJV For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”
- God has the heart of a Father to His sons and His daughters.
- “God, I need You!”
Luke 15:20 NKJV And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him.
- There’s something about corporate worship that helps people realize they’re away from God.
- The longing of the Father’s heart never stops.
Matthew 20:1-16 NKJV The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard
- If we are jealous or critical of the revival God is doing then we will not be the beneficiaries.
- Long for the next generation to come into their destiny.
- Rejoice in what God is doing.
Job 42:10 NKJV And the Lord restored Job’s losses when he prayed for his friends. Indeed the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.
- God will simultaneously call the prodigals home and pour out His Spirit.
- “Are we seared of conscience? Create a clean heart in us, oh God!” article by Doug Stringer
- Create In Me A Clean Heart by Keith Green
- Jesus Revolution
- Agape Force
- Last Days Ministries
- World Challenge
- The spreading of the Asbury revival
- 1857 Prayer Revival
- Haystack Prayer Meetings
- Northpoint Bible College
- Adoniram Judson
- The Jesus Movement and Beyond, by Love Song’s Chuck Girard (Ep. 208)
- Williamstown and Williams College by Arthur Latham Perry
- Hope for a Fatherless Generation by Doug Stringer
- In Search of a Father’s Blessing by Doug Stringer (update of Who’s Your Daddy Now)
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org