Our Guest: Melinda Torrison
Melinda Torrison is the President of Meador Staffing Services, one of the largest privately owned staffing companies in the United States. She has been with Meador Staffing for 35 years and has held numerous positions throughout the organization, starting as Receptionist and currently serving as President/COO. Melinda has volunteered for several organizations in the staffing industry. She also served as the 2020 Chairman of the Board for the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce as well as the Chair for the Women In Alliance Committee for the Economic Alliance Houston Port Region in 2021 and 2022.
Melinda has served on the Executive Board and the Board of Directors for the Texas Association of Business for 2022 and 2023. She was the recipient of the “Houston Business Journal “Women Who Mean Business” in 2020. Melinda was raised in Pasadena and is a graduate of Sam Rayburn High School. She also received her BBA degree in Marketing/Management from Texas State University.
Melinda has been married to Rick for 32 years and has 2 children, Cody and Emily.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures:
Hebrews 13:21 NLT May he equip you with all you need for doing his will. May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to him. All glory to him forever and ever! Amen.
- If we know our identity in Christ, we cannot be shaken by things around us.
- When God knows that our hearts really want to follow after Him, He will intervene when we go down wrong paths.
- “Which path are you going down? One path will lead to life; the other one won’t be so great.”
- Your life is determined by the people you surround yourself with.
- Our young adult years are when God begins to reveal who He created us to be.
- God uses all sorts of things to help form the identity He has for us.
- We flourish where God plants us.
- Everyone has their unique story of their path to parenthood.
- God put Melinda and her husband in the right place to answer the questions their children would ask later.
- It’s transformational to experience God rather than just hearing or reading about Him.
- If you’re a believer, you are a minister.
- God can give you great capacities for the seasons of life that you’re in.
- There are also seasons of rest.
- During tough times, you can be intentional in protecting and building up your marriage.
- A key to building up their marriage was praying together in unity.
- Christian counseling and having trustworthy mentors also was important.
- Do it afraid.
- Melinda was able to go forward by remembering the miracles that God had done in the past.
“I believe that one of the next great moves of God is going to be through the believers in the workplace.” —Billy Graham
Melinda believes there are doors open to minister to people in the marketplace because they are more transparent and open.
- God wants to bless His people and He uses resources such as financial prosperity.
- Jesus can shine so brightly in the marketplace.
- God can use companies as well as individuals.
- “Lord, show me where you need me.”
- We can follow God’s leading even in the seemingly small and insignificant things.
- “Give me enough wisdom for the next 24 hours.”
- “What God says is true for me.”
- God is not a liar.
- Obedience is just walking with God.
- All truth is God’s truth; no matter where it’s found.
John 14:6 NKJV Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
Judges 4-5 NIV Deborah’s Story
- Deborah’s success was based on her faith in God.
- She had wisdom, honor, and courage.
- Deborah was a leader of leaders.
Ephesians 2:10 NIV For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Philippians 2:13 NIV For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!