Our Guest: Becky Keenan
Pastor Becky Keenan is the president and founder of One With Israel, an active member of AIPAC’s National Council. Becky works in mentoring both up and coming and seasoned leaders on the complexities of Israel. She also serves as a commissioner of the Texas Holocaust and Genocide Commission appointed by Governor Gregg Abbot in April 2016. Becky is also a member of the Governing Board for the Latino Coalition for Israel. She and her husband, Joe, are the founders and Senior Pastor of Gulf Meadows Church in Houston, Texas, a non-denominational evangelical church.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures
Genesis 12:1-4 NIV The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you…So Abram went, as the Lord had told him…
- God will sanctify you; He will polish you. God gave you that personality so treasure it.
- He is our Creator God and He can heal.
- “How can I know God?” – Becky
- God knows our hearts.
Acts 10 NIV Cornelius Calls for Peter
- Everyone at some point has a hunger for God.
- If you search for God outside of the Bible, it will quickly be corrupted.
- Most religions are about man’s search for God. Only Christianity is about God reaching out to us.
- After Becky’s sister and brother-in-law were saved, they spoke not about religion, but repentance.
- Christianity isn’t about labels or religion; it’s about relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- No matter what sin you commit, if you cry out to Him, He can and will forgive.
- We all have to take that step of faith.
- “You know He’s a savior, but have you acknowledged that you’re a sinner.”
John 3:16 NKJV For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
God taught Becky that we all have different personalities and different gifts.
- God uses them all for His glory.
- There is such a thing as timing in the Kingdom of God.
- When preparing for the calling on her life, Becky did all she could and put it into God’s hands and He took care of the rest.
- “Go and don’t turn back! Serve the Lord.”
- Becky believes that faith life is a beautiful life.
- The name of Jesus is powerful when used with faith.
- When it comes to maturing in the faith, it’s the same for everyone.
- There’s great protection when you are in godly submission to authority.
- To see someone set free, you need to care for the person and be willing to fast and pray for them.
- We need to be willing to do what’s needed.
Mark 10:45 NIV For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.
- With everything you do, do it with joy and respect for the people.
- You can learn through negative experiences and mistakes.
- Hudson Taylor by J. Hudson Taylor
- God’s Smuggler by Brother Andrew
- Rees Howells by Norman Grubb
- George Mueller by Janet Benge
- For Derek Prince books, click here.
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!