Our Guest: Kim Kossie
Kim Kossie McKee is a bi-vocational pastor. She is the Community Relations Director for the largest contemporary Christian radio station in America, KSBJ. Kim also serves as Senior Pastor, with her husband Kerry, at Latter Day Deliverance Revival Church.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures
Matthew 6:33 NIV But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
- God wastes nothing in our journey.
- We may never understand, but we can trust the plan of God.
- God intends for all of our lives to be an inspiration.
Zechariah 4:10 NLT Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin…
- You may feel you don’t have much to work with, but if you allow Him, God will use whatever you have available to get the job done.
- God will bring about the visions He gives you in the fullness of His timing.
- As part of KSBJ’s prayer initiative, Kim took prayer beyond praying with people over the phone to the public squares.
Luke 17:11-19 NLT The Ten Lepers
- “The Lord let us know He had anointed that ministry.”
- “Don’t move out of your father’s house.”
- “The conversations we had in the midnight hour I wouldn’t trade for anything.”
- Allow the Lord to do what He wants with your story.
- We don’t get to tell God “how”.
- God will answer the desires of our hearts in His way and timing.
- The same God that opens doors can put a deadbolt on them too.
- “Just do what he did. He fasted, he prayed, he obeyed.”
- “Tailwind” is a wind blowing from behind.
- The Holy Spirit is our wind.
Kim hears both of her fathers leading her every step of the way.
- Practices to Keep You Grounded:
- Have someone that can be your confidante/intercessor/accountability partner.
- Journaling- It’s encouraging to see God’s handprint on our lives.
- Learn the practice of waiting on God.
- Praying and Fasting
- Seeking God for His guidance
- God will always bring us to the other side of whatever we face.
Ruth NLT …Entreat me not to leave you, or to turn back from following after you; for wherever you go, I will go; and wherever you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, and there will I be buried…
- Ruth had a deep commitment to Naomi.
- Ruth and Naomi were united by their struggle, but also by the blessing of what God did for them.
- God’s ways are perfect.
Matthew 5:16 NKJV Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
1 Peter 2:12 NLT Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world.
Ephesians 2:10 NIV For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 NIV He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
Philippians 2:13 NKJV For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
- Waiting on God by Andrew Murray
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!