Our Guest: Mary Nelson
Mary Nelson is the mother of our host, Jodie Chiricosta. She is the one who introduced Jodie to Jesus and prayed with her though the various rough patches in her life. Mary has seen and experienced the power of God to transform her life, to protect her from harm, and to change situations. As an Air Force pilot’s wife, mother of four, grandmother of 18, and great-grandmother of 6, Mary has learned to pray diligently and see victory in spiritual warfare. She models Proverbs 31 with her genuine love for others, her gift of hospitality, and her devotion to the Lord.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures from Mary:
1 Peter 3:12a NIV For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer
Isaiah 55:11 NIV So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
- The Lord gave Mary and the prayer teams strategies for prayer, from praying the Word of God over their city to praying over each zip code area.
- God has a unique way to work out His plans in each situation.
- Even in prayer, it’s not the same every time.
- The Lord has specific prayer assignments and ways to accomplish them.
- When things are covered in prayer, God moves.
- It’s important that we as believers pray for what’s going on in our cities and nation.
- Mary and her husband used their daily walks to pray over their neighborhood and saw God answer those prayers.
- When we partner with God, He doesn’t put the whole burden on us. He invites other believers to partner to accomplish His purposes.
- Reading the Word of God in the areas where it occurred can bring new revelation.
Isaiah 59:19 NKJV …When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.
Mary’s Essentials for Keeping a Vibrant Walk with the Lord:
- Daily Devotions
- Reading the Bible daily
- Pray daily
- If married, fellowshipping daily with your spouse, sharing the word and praying together for your family
- Be part of a local church
- Have close fellowship and community with local believers
Proverbs 1:17 NKJV Surely, in vain the net is spread in the sight of any bird
2 Timothy 1:5 NKJV When I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded is in you also.
2 Timothy 3:14-17 NKJV But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Psalm 92:12-15 NIV The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon; planted in the house of the Lord, they will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, “The Lord is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him.”
1 Peter 5:7 NIV Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Isaiah 54:13 NIV All your children will be taught by the Lord, and great will be their peace.
- Mary knows you can entrust your children to the Lord because He is a good and gracious Father.
Colossians 1:9-12 NLT So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better. We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy, always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light.
Links from Mary:
- Galcom International
- National Day of Prayer
- Anne Graham Lotz
- Yad Vashem
- Dachau Concentration Camp
- Intercessors for America
- Dutch Sheets- Give Him Fifteen
- His Eye Is on the Sparrow
Books Recommended by Mary:
- The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273) or email [email protected]
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!