Our Guest: Kimberly Logsdon
Kimberly Logsdon is a worshiper and a consummate businesswoman. She has been a managing consultant at IBM, a senior manager at Acumen Solutions, and an associate at Booz Allen Hamilton. Kimberly has also been the executive director at Care Net Peninsula. She has led with skill and integrity in every aspect of her life.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures from Kimberly’s Story:
Romans 12:1 NLT And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.
- Without the goodness of God, you can become critical of other people.
Matthew 11:28 NKJV Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
- “If you’re real, take this anxiety off me.”
- “These are love letters!” – Kimberly, when she began to read the Bible
- “Let’s take care of the log in your own eye.”
Matthew 7:3 NLT “And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own?”
- “Lord, what do you want me to do for You?” “I want you to worship Me.”
- In worship there is a laying down of things.
- If you don’t know the Lord well, get around people who do.
- Our ways and our thinking can take time to change.
- We need to be the same in every area of our lives.
Romans 12:2 NIV Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
- God is jealous for healing for us.
Psalm 139:14 NIV I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Sometimes God, in His grace, will let you hit the wall.
“God gives good gifts. Sometimes untying the bow they come in will cause your fingers to bleed.” – Sheila Walsh
- The only way through to healing is to go straight through it.
- “I want to hear Jesus like you hear Jesus.”
- “If I’m doing it by faith, He’ll guide me. If I put my hand on the rudder and set out, His wind will fill my sail.”
- “Just stay connected to the Vine.”
John 15:1-5 NLT I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener…
- “My income has decreased, but the joy and satisfaction has in a manifold way increased.”
- The beginning of grief can be very raw and you need time to heal and rest.
Ephesians 6:10-11 NKJV Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
- “I’ll stand, but You have to hold me up.”
Psalm 84:3 NKJV Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young—even Your altars, O Lord of hosts, My King and my God.
Kimberly discovered that God is shockingly good.
- “I don’t need your results. I don’t need your title. Just rest in Me.”
- Whenever Jesus pointed to the Kingdom, He held up small things.
- God may be changing your own heart through prayer.
Ezekiel 33:1-10 NKJV The Watchman and His Message
Ezekiel 47:1-12 NKJV The Healing Waters
John 12:49 NIV For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.
- We’re sons and daughters, not orphans.
- God didn’t have to encourage Kimberly like He did, but He still rushed in.
Psalm 119:68 NLT You are good and do only good; teach me your decrees.
- God’s goodness is solid and carries us through no matter what is going on in our lives.
Luke 2:36-38 ESV And there was a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was advanced in years, having lived with her husband seven years from when she was a virgin, and then as a widow until she was eighty-four. She did not depart from the temple, worshiping with fasting and prayer night and day. And coming up at that very hour she began to give thanks to God and to speak of him to all who were waiting for the redemption of Jerusalem.
- Anna was faithful to be in community.
- She fasted, prayed, and worshiped.
Ezekiel 47:9 NLT …Life will flourish wherever this water flows.
Psalm 20:1-5 NLT In times of trouble, may the Lord answer your cry. May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm. May he send you help from his sanctuary and strengthen you from Jerusalem. May he remember all your gifts and look favorably on your burnt offerings. May he grant your heart’s desires and make all your plans succeed. May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory and raise a victory banner in the name of our God. May the Lord answer all your prayers.
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!