Our Guest: Darlene Davis
Darlene Davis has been corrected, and taught, and prepared, and equipped by the Word of God. She has experienced the wonderful benefits and blessings of following the Lord for many years. Darlene and her husband, Bill, and their entire family were part of the same fellowship group as our host Jodie Chiricosta’s family. She has seen the good, the bad, and the ugly in her life and she is overcome by the Spirit of God. Darlene is a powerful and transparent minister, a lover of people, a servant of God, a wife, a mom, and a grandma. Over the years, she has shared biblical truth in a relevant way at marriage seminars, to women’s groups, and at a variety of Christian conferences.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures:
2 Timothy 3:16-17 NLT All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.
- The Word of God is powerful.
Psalm 139:13 NIV For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
- Darlene’s father abandoned the family when she was young and her mother had to work hard to support the family.
- Darlene desired to have a godly family.
- God is faithful even when we forget.
2 Corinthians 6:14 NKJV Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
- Darlene wanted that joy that she did not have.
- The Spirit of God within you will teach you truth.
- God doesn’t just save you. He delivers you and sets you free.
God orchestrated Darlene’s life.
- God has things planned for our futures, but it’s our choice to follow what He has for us.
- “Lord, my heart is so hard. Please help me!”
- God is waiting for us to acknowledge that we can’t do anything without Him. He wants to help us.
- Heresy is truth extended, not truth.
- God continued to be faithful to Darlene even in her difficult times.
- “No one held a gun to your head and caused you to change your allegiance from Me to man.”
- God has brought Darlene and her husband to godly relationships in their lives.
Jesus is the only way through this life.
- If you’re looking to people, you’re going to be hurt.
- The enemy sets us up to be hurt.
- Unfulfilled expectations can lead us to crazy mistakes.
2 Corinthians 1:3-7 NIV Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.
Proverbs 14:25 NET A truthful witness rescues lives…
- Darlene wants to be part of rescuing people who are hurting.
- “You’re going to make it!”
Darlene learns the importance of forgiveness.
- “God, why aren’t you speaking to me anymore?” “Forgive.”
Matthew 6:15 NIV But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
- Unforgiveness is a disease.
1 Corinthians 13:5 NASB …(Love) does not keep an account of a wrong suffered…
- Darlene trusted that God’s Word was true.
- If you obey God’s Word, He will meet you in magnificent ways.
- “I choose to forgive him.”
- God is honorable and will honor you if you trust and do what He says.
Philippians 4:13 NKJV I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- “If God isn’t speaking to you, making up something is the pits.”
- God redeemed their marriage.
- “I poured a holy anointing oil all over you both. Where there were wounds and scars, I put new flesh.”
- God’s healing opened up a new ministry for Darlene and her husband.
Principles of Marriage
- Forgiveness is a gift you give each other every day.
- Never give up praying.
- Give words of encouragement to each other.
Darlene learns prayer is powerful.
- “When you pray, you are talking to the Creator of the universe. And I am the only One that has an answer.”
- When Darlene prays, she believes God will move on it.
Living by Faith
- When you’re hanging on to God to pay your bills, you come to a deep level of intimacy with Him.
- God always provided for Darlene and her family.
- Do what God is calling you to do and know that God is going to meet you.
- God is a “more than enough” God.
- God’s faithfulness is amazing.
- “God has blessed me!”
Genesis 12:2 NKJV I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing.
How Darlene Kept her Faith Vibrant:
- Have an amazing relationship with Jesus
- Meet with Him regularly
- Stay in the Word
- Let God use you
- Be willing to listen
- Darlene allowed God to build her faith
- If you know to do good and you don’t do it, it’s sin.
- Abigail’s husband was mean-tempered.
- Darlene identified with Abigail’s relationship with her husband.
- Abigail was a wise woman.
- God put a heart like David into Darlene’s husband.
- God will be faithful to you.
Seek First His Kingdom
Matthew 6:25-33 NIV “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
Psalm 90:14 NIV Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!