Our Guest: Becky Keenan
Pastor Becky Keenan is the president and founder of One With Israel, An active member of AIPAC’s National Council, Pastor Keenan works in mentoring both up and coming and seasoned leaders on the complexities of Israel. She also serves as a commissioner of the Texas Holocaust and Genocide Commission appointed by Governor Gregg Abbot in April 2016. Becky is also a member of the Governing Board for the Latino Coalition for Israel. She and her husband, Joe, are the founders and Senior Pastor of Gulf Meadows Church in Houston, Texas, a non-denominational evangelical church.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures from Becky’s story
- “Love is not gazing into each other’s eyes, but it’s looking ahead together in the same direction.”
- The miraculous doesn’t just happen overseas.
Matthew 14:13-21 NIV Jesus Feeds the Five Thousand
- In your moment of anxiety don’t look at the supermarket, look to God.
- As Becky and her husband started a family, they continued to spend an hour in prayer every morning.
- They taught their children about God and showed them His works around them.
- Children can see and experience for themselves the power of God.
- When children experience God, it takes a lot to turn them away from Him.
- Children learn just by being in the presence of God.
- When we have that encounter with holiness, we are drawn back to it easily.
Proverbs 22:6 NKJV Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.
- Becky learned that God will use us in remarkable ways when we are available and submitted to Him.
Matthew 14:22-33 NKJV Jesus Walks on the Sea
- Get filled with the Spirit and the Word of God so you can face the evil days.
- While suffering is a real thing, so is God.
- Don’t turn your back on the only One who can get you out of your circumstance.
- Your hurt and disappointment do not take away from who God is.
Deuteronomy 33:27 NKJV The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, and will say, ‘Destroy!’
- God wants to lift you up.
- Don’t waste your life not being curious about God’s plan for you.
- God’s plans are mind-blowing!
Romans 12:3 NKJV …God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
- Try Jesus with the measure of faith and miracles will happen.
- God taught Becky that we can go to the One who can untangle us and loves us unconditionally.
- Rebecca responded quickly.
- Then God blessed her quickly.
- Slow obedience is no obedience.
- When God speaks to you, it is a privilege.
- The way we grow is through obedience.
- Listen and hasten.
- Trust God completely.
Hebrews 11:6 NIV And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Hebrews 11:13-16 NIV …Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.
- If we only live for today, we are missing so much.
- God wants to give us His heavenly perspective.
- The only way we can go through trials is to have an eternal vision.
Psalm 138:8 ESV The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.
Psalm 119:33-35 NIV Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees, that I may follow it to the end. Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law and obey it with all my heart. Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.
- For Derek Prince books, click here.
- Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand
- For Watchman Nee books, click here.
- Fury to Freedom movie
- Fiddler on the Roof movie
- Israel Harvests Dates From 2,000 Year-Old Seeds
- Be Alright song by Evan Craft and Danny Gokey
- That’s The Way It Is by Celine Dion
- Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!