Watch What God Will Do! Wendy Griffith’s Story (Episode 4)
Our Guest: Wendy Griffith
Wendy is a reporter with CBN News and the anchor of Christian World News.
She began her television career at NBC affiliate KYEL-TV in Yuma, Arizona in 1987. She then went on to work in several television markets across the country. Wendy traveled to Russia for a special report on “Life after Communism” and the spiritual freedom many Russians are now able to enjoy. She also had an opportunity to serve as press secretary and later special events coordinator to West Virginia Governor Cecil H. Underwood and First Lady Hovah Underwood. Her first week on the job was a “trial by flood” as West Virginia was declared a federal disaster area after massive flooding hit the Mountain State. Wendy and Governor Underwood spent a week assessing the damage by helicopter and talking to victims and reporters on the ground.
When not reporting, Wendy enjoys outdoor sports including hiking, skiing, and mountain biking.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures:
- God shows us what to pray for out of the news.
- Tell my people they have the power to change the headlines.
- We tend to forget that prayer is our biggest power weapon.
James 5:16 NKJV “Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”
Psalm 37:23 NKJV “The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way.”
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- People like boots on the ground, then they want it followed up with actions.
- God had prepared me.
- You loved him, but you didn’t love yourself. You are a prize to be won.
- Our pain is not just for the benefit of other people; He is working in us as well.
- He works in us, then He allows us to help others who are going through similar situations.
- God doesn’t waste our pain.
- You didn’t miss it and it’s not too late.
- But now I’m going to give you My best.
- One of the biggest keys to fulfilling your destiny and keeping your hope is hearing from God for yourself.
- Write it down!
- “Lord, you said…”
Ecclesiastes 4:9 NIV “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor.”
Psalm 37:4 NIV “Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.”
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
- Learning to discern the difference from hearing God’s voice and your own thoughts:
- It’s a thought you know is not your own thought
- Anything that contradicts the Word of God is not from God
- Anything that brings you down is not from God; He wants to encourage you
- A word from the Lord brings peace, comfort, or joy. It doesn’t bring confusion or fear.
- Is the word imparting the character of Christ?
- I’m not done yet.
- Gratitude is a key to receiving more from God.
Luke 16:10 ESV “One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much…”
Hebrews 4:12 ESV “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”
Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
Ephesians 6:18 ESV “Praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication…”
- Prayer is just an ongoing conversation with the Lord.
“…And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”…”
- Was humble
- Didn’t expect to get by on her beauty
- Took advice
- Was bold
- Was a risk taker
- God rewards us when we take that step of faith and when we don’t let fear have the final say.
- “Wendy, this is where most people turn back.” Wendy’s guide on Kilimanjaro when she hesitated going forward.
- “I don’t want to be one of those who turned back; I want to reach the Summit.”
1 John 3:1 VOICE “Consider the kind of extravagant love the Father has lavished on us—He calls us children of God! It’s true; we are His beloved children…”
Colossians 1:12 NLT “…He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light.”
- God’s extravagant love is available to each one of us.
- “Watch me work!”
- God is able and willing.
1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 NLT “Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again. God will make this happen, for he who calls you is faithful.”
***Interview was recorded on Friday, May 13th. This was a headline (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61472025) from Monday, May 16th! God answers prayer!
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help widows and orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphans fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
Sign up for weekly Her God Story devotionals at HerGodStory.org.
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!