Our Guest: Lura Mineau
Lura Mineau has been diligent to discover the character of God and learn his ways so she can walk with him and trust him as a friend. She and her family are lifelong friends of host, Jodie Chiricosta. Shortly after they came to Christ, they were instrumental in Jodie’s family receiving Jesus and walking in the fullness of the Spirit. As an Air Force wife and mother of four, it would have been easy to let doubt and fear dominate her life, but she knows God is trustworthy, and that made all the difference.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures from Lura’s story:
Psalm 71:14-15 NIV As for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteous deeds, of your saving acts all day long—though I know not how to relate them all.
- God worked suddenly yet had prepared Lura and her family with a greater heart for other people around the world.
Revelation 5:9-10 NKJV And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals; for You were slain, and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation…”
- God started opening ministry doors and opportunities and equipped Lura to be an equipper.
Lura realized the importance of our testimonies in sharing our faith.
- If you only have three minutes with someone, you want to get right to the point of Jesus dying on the cross for their sins.
Revelation 12:11 NKJV And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
- Let’s be ready with our testimony and know the power of the shed blood of Jesus. It’s just being available and taking that stand for Jesus.
Romans 3:23 NKJV For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
- Lura shares how you can start out your testimony by sharing how we all fall short of what we know we should be doing and maybe share a struggle.
- It’s everybody’s story, because it’s their own story.
- Tell those key truths about Jesus and lead people to Him and share how they can surrender their lives to Him.
God Wants You to Share Your Story
- Lura advises, “Pray before you go out to the grocery store or to shop and ask the Lord, “Is there anybody you want me to talk to today and share your love, your truth, or my story with them?”
- People have an expectation that the pastors are the ones who should do all the work of evangelism. But really, they’re supposed to equip the believers to do the work of the ministry.
There’s so many ways that God wants to express himself in the world.
Ephesians 4:11-13 NKJV And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry…
- We are the ones that are out rubbing elbows with people that don’t know about Jesus and don’t want to go to church. And so we bring the truth of Jesus to them wherever we may find ourselves.
Romans 12:6-8 NKJV Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.
- “You work together synergistically and you start bringing in these different facets and truths of Jesus. Then the person gets a more complete picture” – Lura
1 Peter 5:7 NKJV Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
- All of these areas where we’re gifted, they also have a side that’s a weakness that we have to be careful with.
- The Holy Spirit allows us to bring that all into balance when we submit our lives to Him.
- Encourage others to pray the Word of God.
- Grow together and encourage each other.
- Get in a Bible study.
Lura’s Key Biblical Truths
- We need to be open and transparent if we’re struggling in an area.
- Fellowship, studying the Word, and prayer are vital.
- Find a prayer partner or a prayer group where you know that you can trust one another.
- Being around other believers is critical for our spiritual health.
- Be aware when you’re praying for someone.
Isaiah 61:7 NKJV Instead of your shame you shall have double honor…
- God wants to lavish His love, forgiveness, goodness, and acceptance on us.
- Listen and always be learning, hearing from the Holy Spirit the things that He prompts you to do.
- One of the meanings of testimony is to do it again.
- Sometimes we have suspicions and we can lay those down because God is a good and wonderful God.
- Beyond that, we can expect great things from God.
- “If you don’t cross over the Jordan River, you’ll never know what’s on the other side in the promised land.”
- One thing Lura learned from military life, you can’t look back. You serve the Lord well until he moves you on.
- Be present where God has you now so that you don’t miss the opportunities and what He wants to do in your life.
Genesis 19:12-26 NKJV …But his wife looked back behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.
- When you offer to pray a blessing, it’s rare that someone will say no to you.
- The friends God gives you can turn into something essential in the next season that you will walk through.
Lura and her husband stand on Isaiah 53: By His Stripes
Isaiah 53:5 NKJV …And by His stripes we are healed.
Psalm 103:3 NKJV …Who heals all your diseases
Romans 5:1-5 NKJV …And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
- “I submitted my heart to the Lord and said, ‘Lord, please protect my heart’… And God was faithful.”
- Husbands and wives need to be in agreement.
- “We could not have done it without prayer.”
- If you don’t have Christian fellowship, ask the Lord where to plug in and be intentional about developing those relationships.
- There’s a tremendous amount of discouragement, depression and anxiety. And Jesus is the answer for all of that.
- Having a grateful heart helps.
- Be looking for those opportunities to serve the Lord.
- We don’t have to be in the walls of the church to serve the Lord.
- Esther had an obedient heart.
- She and Mordecai had studied scripture because she knew God and had faith in the Lord.
Esther 4:13-14 NKJV …“Do not think in your heart that you will escape in the king’s palace any more than all the other Jews. For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”
- Esther had a teachable heart.
- We need that same kind of character today. Christians can’t be ashamed of the Gospel.
- You can’t judge people by what they look like on the outside. No one knows what God is doing in their hearts.
- We have to be bold and allow the Holy Spirit to lead us.
- The Book of Esther gives encouragement when things look desperate.
- God is moving behind the scenes, but He’s also calling His people to be responsible and to act and to do.
Isaiah 40:31 NIV But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
1 Peter 5:7 NKJV Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- The Romans Road to Salvation
- Kris Mineau testimony tract
- ALS (AKA Lou Gehrig’s disease)
- The Feast of Purim
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!