Our Guest: Katy Stevens
Katy Stevens exudes the joy of Christmas. She is a music teacher, a worship and youth leader, an amazing vocalist, co-founder of Somebody Cares Baltimore, and a wife, and mother of 4 sons. Katy shares the love of God in creative, fun and personal ways that nurture relationships for life.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures about Christmas
Isaiah 9:6 “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
I Samuel 1:17 “Eli answered, ‘Go in peace, and may the God of Israel grant you what you have asked of him.’”
- It’s okay for Christmas to look different
- The absence of pressure allowed us to be with each other instead of buying for each other.
- Because we all still had each other with or without the presents.
- As a result, we gained time with each other, listened to each other and were able to be there for each other.
- Give permission to yourself to feel, process and take a break if you need to.
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans this Christmas? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend so they can be encouraged. And subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!