Our Guest: Mandy Reizner
Mandy Reizner and her husband, Mike, co-founded Coreluv International in 2011 to provide life saving care to orphans in Haiti.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures from Mandy’s story
1 Peter 2:9 NIV But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
- “God, if you’re real, change my life.”
- “I was filled with the power of the Holy Spirit which is what I needed to overcome my previous lifestyle.”
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
What Mandy is most thankful for in her faith experience is that it’s allowed her to have compassion and a desire to see the lost come to Christ.
- “We want to live our lives on mission to fulfill the Great Commission.”
Matthew 28:16-20 NIV The Great Commission
Isaiah 61:1-3 NIV …to proclaim good news to the poor…
“When the Lord sets about to build a leader, He starts in the secret place. He begins where we least want Him to, but most need Him to, in obscurity. Everyone wants a moment to take out Goliath in front of thousands cheering us on. We want our lives to be seen, impactful, and celebrated. However David’s life as a leader began among the sheep fields with no one looking on as he slayed the bear and the lion. He didn’t become a man after God’s own heart after Goliath or after he was king, but through the years of faithfulness, starry nights, and worship moments alone.
Without this preparation, we will never be ready with the character or depth for the moments of public courage that will be required of us. Embrace every season. No matter the visible impact. Embrace every bit of character refinement. No matter the slowness. Embrace every hidden opportunity to worship, to go deep, and stay faithful.” – Andy Byrd
Mandy has learned that God uses it all to bring us to the place He needs us to be so He can be glorified.
- Embrace the journey and the process.
- Lean in and hear what He’s trying to teach you.
- The wilderness and pruning seasons are not punishment.
James 1:2-4 NIV Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
- God is more concerned with what He does in you than what He does through you.
- God doesn’t want us working for Him. He wants us walking with Him so He can talk to us along the way and show us where to go.
- It’s about you being loved.
- It’s in those times that He’s equipping us to handle the call He’s placed upon us.
- Whenever God wants to accomplish anything big in your life, He’s never in a hurry to do it.
- If you step out without the character of Christ, you can crumble.
“Do you know the name of one orphan?”
- It all starts with a burden in your heart. God will drop a calling through a burden.
Exodus 3:11 NIV But Moses said to God, “Who am I…
- When God places dreams and mandates inside of you, doubt is sure to come.
- Will you obey God? Or will you allow your inadequacies to prevent you from attempting all He has called you to do?
Exodus 3:14 NIV God said to Moses, “I am who I am…
- If I AM has sent me, I can rest assured that He will be with me and accomplish beautiful things through me as I obey Him.
1 Samuel 15:22 TLB …Obedience is far better than sacrifice…
- If you don’t go, you’ll miss out on what I have for you.
- Push past your fear, past your comfort. He will be with you.
- Take that one step.
- Because I obeyed God in those little steps over and over, He eventually healed me of my fear.
- Don’t be afraid to push past your fears.
Matthew 14:28-30 NKJV Peter gets out of the boat
- Peter experienced a revelation of Jesus that he would never have experienced if he had not attempted to walk on the water.
- God’s grace will overtake you as you begin to have His heart for the people.
- When you’re walking in obedience to God, His grace makes things easier than you expect.
Isaiah 42:16 NKJV I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, and crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, and not forsake them.
- They’re not burdens; they’re a gift.
“The Kingdom of God is built on relationships.” – Doug Stringer
Matthew 25:14-30 NKJV The Parable of the Talents
Psalm 68:5 NKJV A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His holy habitation.
- It’s God’s heart to take care of the orphan children and the poor. He just needs someone to be the vessel.
John 15 Practices:
- Abiding in the vine
- Without Him I can do nothing
- I desire to be connected with the Vine (Jesus)
- Spending time daily with Him
- Read through the Bible every year
- It’s developed a deep love for the Word of God
- Hebrew 4:12 NIV The word of God is alive and active
- The Bible is so rich. You could read every day for the rest of your life and continue to get new, fresh revelation and application for your life.
- Other books can inspire us, but the Word of God instructs us.
Isaiah 28:26 NIV His God instructs him and teaches him the right way.
Esther NIV …And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”…
- There were two limitations on Esther to prevent her from entering the king’s court:
- She was an orphan
- She was a Jew
- Esther leaned 100% into God through prayer and fasting and that’s when His favor came upon her.
- It doesn’t matter where you’ve come from or what your past is. If you will trust God for your future and lean into Him in obedience, He will take you places that you could never even dream.
Psalm 37:3 NLT Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
- The path may not be the one you’re expecting, but it will lead you into the goodness of God and allows God to do great things in and through you that you would not expect.
Psalm 119:68 NLT You are good and do only good; teach me your decrees.
- God will use ordinary and unlikely people, so He can get all the glory.
Fun Fact/Suggestion from Mandy’s story:
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
Sign up for weekly Her God Story devotionals at HerGodStory.org.
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!