Our Guest: Gabriele Soltau
Gabriele Soltau grew up in Germany and studied philosophy in her search for truth, but didn’t find it until she met Jesus. That is when her adventure truly began. She is currently part of the pastoral staff at Encourager Church in Houston, TX. Gabi has written and illustrated five children’s books.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures
Luke 1:37 NKJV For with God nothing will be impossible.
- Gabi was looking for the miraculous.
- It’s ingrained in us that there is something more.
Ephesians 2:10 NIV For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Hebrews 13:21 NIV Equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Gabi knows that God has equipped us to allow His glory to work through us where He’s placed us.
2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
1 Corinthians 13:8 NIV Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
Ephesians 4:11-13 NIV So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
Proverbs 23:7 NKJV For as he thinks in his heart, so is he…
Numbers 13 NIV Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, “We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.” But the men who had gone up with him said, “We can’t attack those people; they are stronger than we are.”…We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.”
Gabi has learned that how we think about ourselves has everything to do with how we experience life and how we live life.
- Once someone understands, when we are born again, something miraculous happens.
2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
- “Kainos” means something that has never existed before
- If we don’t believe that we’ve been made new, we will never step out and do the works of Jesus, much less the “greater things.”
John 14:12 NIV Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
Daniel 11:32 NKJV …But the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.
We need to have the heart knowledge of God.
John 15:1-2 NKJV “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
Romans 8:11 NIV And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.
- Do we live with a mindset of living out of lack or are we living out of abundance?
- We can look not at what we have, but at what God can provide.
- Gabi has learned that everything begins with our mindset.
John 14:18 NIV I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
Galatians 3:26 NKJV For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
- When the body of Christ gets ahold of the concept of our sonship and starts living out of that abundance, the world sees it and it makes a difference.
- We don’t need to know the theology behind every scripture to share what God has done in our lives.
- People are drawn to the fact that God is a real God and has a relationship with us.
- “I will cross the finish line.”
God is asking to use those things that we enjoy for His glory.
Nehemiah 8:10 NKJV …Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”
Psalm 16:11 NKJV You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
- God is a God of pleasure; He created it.
- Allow the Holy Spirit to convict people.
- We have to be careful on how we deal with people. Don’t preach them out of the church.
- “When I gave my pain to the Lord, He filled me with the joy of what He had me doing.”
- God is faithful to heal our pains when we release them to Him.
- Don’t put your life on hold. Write your books. Dance your dances.
- “Bring back anything that you have lost at any point in time, even if to you it’s not that important.”
- There are losses in our lives that go beyond the material.
- God is always speaking.
- And we need to live with our eyes wide open or we will miss so much.
- The God who can bring an earring back, can also minister healing to someone on a deep level.
Luke 1:38 NKJV Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.
- Jesus was never just Mary’s son; He belonged to the whole world.
- Mary trusted God through the unknown even when she had to give up everything.
Ecclesiastes 7:29 GNT This is all that I have learned: God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated.
- God wants us to keep our relationship with Him simple and He will do the extraordinary. He will do the complicated. All we have to do is trust in Him.
Fun Facts/Suggestions from Gabi’s story:
Books by Gabriele Soltau:
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
Sign up for weekly Her God Story devotionals at HerGodStory.org.
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!