Our Guest: Susie Wolf
Susie Wolf is a native Houstonian who established Seniority Services, a ministry focused on the care for Seniors and their families. A believer in Messiah for over 40 years, she teaches about the Jewish Roots of Christianity. With a 35-year career in non-profit ministry development from Star of Hope to Somebody Cares America/Int’l, she currently serves with special projects for Grace International. She’s also a Chaplain and a University Adjunct Professor. Susie’s served on missions teams to numerous countries including Israel and Ukraine where she traced her father’s family history. She holds a B.A. from Rice University, and M.A. in Biblical Studies/Psych and an M.S. in Applied Gerontology.”
Key Thoughts and Scriptures from Susie’s story:
Psalm 68:3 NLT But let the godly rejoice. Let them be glad in God’s presence. Let them be filled with joy.
Nehemiah 8:10 NLT …the joy of the Lord is your strength!
- The Lord works in our lives every step of the way.
- A schoolmate asked Susie, “We sing these songs about Jesus in chapel. Do you know who He is?”
- “Be a good Jewish daughter and God will show you the rest.”
Matthew 13:1-23 NLT The Parable of the Seed
Psalm 27:10 NKJV When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me.
Jeremiah 29:11 NKJV For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
In the midst of our sorrow, the Lord can bring great joy.
Jeremiah 31:13 NLT The young women will dance for joy, and the men—old and young—will join in the celebration. I will turn their mourning into joy. I will comfort them and exchange their sorrow for rejoicing.
2 Corinthians 3:8 NLT Shouldn’t we expect far greater glory under the new way, now that the Holy Spirit is giving life?
- Regardless of their walk of life, a community of people would gather with the same heart that people would come to know Jesus.
- The labels would come off. They would become brothers and sisters in Christ coming together for a common cause.
- Susie learned to be obedient to the Lord even when scared.
- We don’t have to be an expert, but we can step in faith believing.
- God teaches us along the way.
- Before heading out to minister on the streets, they would always make sure to spend time in praise and worship.
- “Lord, I make myself available to You.”
- If we can reach people’s souls with the gospel, their lives will be changed forever.
1 Corinthians 3:6-7 NLT I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow.
- Love made all the difference.
“Give up on no man while he has breath.”
Ecclesiastes 3:1 NKJV To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven
- We want to honor our elders for all that they have invested in us.
- There is a generational blessing that comes from our seniors.
- And there is a whole generation that needs to know the love of Jesus.
Acts 10:34 KJV Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons
Haggai 2:9 KJV The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the Lord of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the Lord of hosts.
- We want to set an example for our children that you can go beyond.
- There is potential within you that can be developed.
“The Kingdom of God is built on relationship.”
- We won’t understand all that God says in the Bible without understanding the Jewish heritage.
- God is constantly revealing new truth to us.
- He is a restorer of relationship.
- “God has the perfect economy. He wastes nothing.”
- He is weaving all the aspects of your life together into a beautiful tapestry.
- God has a plan and a purpose for each of us.
- Be faithful to someone else’s vision and God will give you your own.
Zechariah 4:10 NKJV For who has despised the day of small things?…
How to Deepen Your Walk with the Lord:
- Personal Daily Devotion time
- Be part of a small group community who are engaged in Bible study together, pray together, lift each other up
- It’s hard to walk this walk of faith alone.
Isaiah 59:19 NKJV …When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him
- We’re part of the body of Christ; we’re not individually the body of Christ.
- We have to be connected to one another and also to Jesus, the head.
- My life is not my own; it belongs to Christ.
- It’s also a commitment to others.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 NLT So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.
Philippians 3:14 NLT I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.
- There is someone who needs the encouragement that comes through you.
Psalm 68:6 NIV God sets the lonely in families…
- Esther laid it all on the line.
- “Who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” (Esther 4:14) is true for each and every one of us.
Exodus 3:6 NKJV …“I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.”…
- God is looking for people who will say “Yes” in this hour.
- Whatever it may cost us in the natural, there is something greater, the cause of Christ.
- In the end, we will answer to only one king, Jesus.
- There is a calling on our lives that is refined as we go along in our journey.
- We have a voice and it’s meant to be used.
2 Timothy 1:12 NIV …(I) am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.
Philippians 1:6 NIV Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
If it looks like an impossible situation, entrust it to the Lord.
- He will guard it and bring it to completion.
Psalm 139:13 NIV For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Acts 16:31 NIV They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”
Numbers 6:24-26 YHWH will kneel before you presenting gifts and will guard you with a hedge of protection. YHWH will illuminate the wholeness of his being toward you bringing order and he will give you comfort and sustenance. YHWH will lift up his wholeness of being and look upon you and he will set in place all you need to be whole and complete.
- To get a copy of Susie’s Piano Instrumental CD, go to Seniority Services Inc. » Get Involved
- If you’d like to learn more about Purim, check out this article, What Is Purim?
- Betrayed! By Stan Telchin: Check it out and purchase here!
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help widows and orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphans fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
Sign up for weekly Her God Story devotionals at HerGodStory.org.
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!