Our Guest: Lisa Stringer
Lisa is an author and the wife of Doug Stringer, president of Somebody Cares America. She is also the editor of this podcast. At one time, she worked in the secular music and radio industry. She was the first female program director of a Top 40 radio station. Then became the vice-president of programming and promotions at a radio group. She even owned her own record label. Lisa received numerous awards for her contribution to the success of many highly recognized entertainers. But just as her star was rising, she left it all.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures
- I wanted more than I had.
- The life of glamor was all a facade.
- Your value is just as much as any celebrity.
- I’d take the life I have now because of the peace I have and the privilege to serve other people.
- God blesses people who go beyond the four walls of the church and aren’t afraid to knock on doors to share Jesus.
- People can go to church on Sunday, fall in love with Jesus, then go home to their reality.
- They can question where God is in the middle of their messy lives.
- Some people have the fire insurance plan, but not sold all out to Christ
- So many of us hear the Gospel in such a surface way that we don’t realize that the Gospel is really our whole life.
- If I would have understood, it would have saved me scars.
- My passion is to love young people with the truth.
Matthew 6:22-23 NIV The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
In Lisa’s brokenness, she got accountability by reaching out to a spiritual mama.
- She kept me tethered to God so I could get my healing.
- Because of Jesus, I was able to forgive.
- When you say “Yes” to Jesus, He can take the most horrific pain and turn it around and bring healing salve to it and transform you in ways that no human can.
- His healing is not just physical healing, but healing in every part of our lives, if we will let Him.
- It was a daily process of letting Him do the work even when I didn’t want to let it sometimes.
- God promises so much if we will:
- Dig into His Word
- Live by His Word
- Meditate on His Word
John 14:12 NIV Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
“God, let me walk in Your Will and Your Way.”
- Character is what really counts at the end of the day.
- When you’re waiting on God, don’t rush what God’s got for you!
- Stay in love with Jesus.
- I wanted to give back to a generation what I felt I’d stolen from them.
- You have destiny.
- The refiner’s fire keeps us healthy.
- When you see God redeeming people from the pit, there is nothing more fulfilling than that.
- “This can’t be the story that you’re writing.”
- We must trust the Lord for the outcome, no matter what.
- I was able to relate to my mama in a way that I could never have if I hadn’t walked through this journey.
- Even when you’re in the Word, there are moments where you can be overwhelmed and exhausted.
- The beauty of being able to see God do the miraculous and love these children as God has called us to do is a priceless gift.
- Stories that we go through touch other people.
- I remember the pain, but also the faithfulness of God
“His name is Jesus. Don’t let go of Him.” – Lisa Stringer
Stories of Biblical Women who Inspired Lisa:
Luke 10:38-42 NIV Mary and Martha
Judges 4-5 NIV Deborah’s story
- She was strong
- Deborah was brave
- She completely trusted God
- Deborah was a righteous woman
- I want to be a woman who is completely guided by God.
- The strong-willed character must always submit to the Lord.
Psalm 33:4 NIV For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.
Psalm 119:105 NKJV Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
- As we seek God through His Word, He brings truth, light, wholeness, comfort and everything we need when we submit our lives to Him.
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
Sign up for weekly Her God Story devotionals at HerGodStory.org.
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!