A short message from Mary’s story, by host Jodie Chiricosta.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures from Mary’s Story:
Mary had a promise from God.
What happens when a promise arrives?
- When Joseph took charge in Egypt there was a lot of work to be done!
- Just as Moses was called to free the Israelites, he had to face down Pharaoh and all his armies.
- When the Israelites joyfully left Egypt, they had a long walk ahead of them.
- When Jesus was born, Mary had to feed, change, bathe and care for his every need.
A promise fulfilled by God will change your life, and likely give you added responsibility.
Here are 5 key’s from Mary’s story to help you prepare:
- Lay down our expectations of the promise we are waiting for, so we don’t misread it, or miss it all together.
- Get ready to work! When the waiting is over, things get busy.
Once Jesus was born – Mary had a lot of work to do! Her job, her role wasn’t over when her promise came – that is when life got busy!
- Treasure the moments and all God’s wonder in your heart:
The Words of God Mary treasured in her heart helped her trust even when she did not understand what God was doing.
- Be assured, God will provide:
Even if stewarding the promise seems like it requires more resources that you have – be assured, God will provide!
- Mary learned that quick obedience is required.
Even after our promise comes, we may not always understand what God is doing. But we can trust He knows what is best – so when He speaks to us, obey His voice quickly.
Scriptures relating to the fulfillment of Mary’s promise:
Hosea 11:1 NIV “When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.”
2 Peter 1:3 NIV “His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.”
2 Corinthians 13:14 NIV “May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.”
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!