Our Guest: Danette Crawford
Danette Crawford is a powerful speaker, author, TV host and international evangelist with a refreshing message of hope and encouragement. Danette has a master’s degree in counseling from Regent University. She is the founder and president of Danette Crawford Ministries, and its’ outreach arm, Joy Ministries Evangelistic Association Inc.. The ministry organizes inner-city work with over twenty-three different compassion programs dedicated to sustainable aid. Danette’s television program, Joy with Danette Crawford, is broadcast weekly into billions of homes. Danette’s story of building an international television ministry and national outreach organization, all while raising her daughter as a single mom, has brought inspiration to millions. The heart of everything that she does is to change lives and to show others that they can overcome any difficulty that comes their way.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures from Danette’s Story:
Nehemiah 8:10b NIV …For the joy of the Lord is your strength.
- We as friends and neighbors can have a great impact on other people.
- The Holy Spirit can begin teaching you even before you have a knowledge of the Bible.
John 16:13 NIV But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth…
- God had everything in position that would begin to unfold for her life.
- There’s always blessings on the other side of obedience.
- When we say ‘yes’ to God, He can change our heart and fill us with joy.
God had to heal Danette on the inside, so she could function in her calling.
- Release, forgive, and be healed.
- “I don’t want you to just preach at the people. I want you to minister to the people.”
- When you minister to people with the Word, they get saved, delivered, and healed.
- “It’s never an issue until we make it an issue.”
- Don’t let someone else’s issue become your issue; you have enough of your own.
- It’s about the anointing. All you have to be concerned about is being anointed.
Galatians 5:1 NIV It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
- If God has opened the door, walk through it.
- Your circumstances may change, but your call doesn’t change.
- In the midst of your storm, don’t try to figure out how you got into the storm. Focus on how to successfully get through to the other side of the storm.
- “You’re going to have to get up out of your mess and go do what you’re called to do.”
- “The only way I made it through was the Lord carrying me. I had to be totally dependent on Him.”
- God has the power to turn your situation around.
- You have to make the choice everyday to go forward.
Psalm 68:5 NIV A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.
Luke 11:3 NIV Give us each day our daily bread.
Ways God led Danette through those years:
- Trusting God for her daily bread everyday.
- Staying focused on her personal life: raising her daughter and the ministry.
- God gave her the grace to keep running the race.
- She was blessed with great covering and intercessors.
- She surrounded herself with strong women.
- We may go through a lot of betrayals, but so did Jesus.
- Are we going to push into God or push away?
- At the least likely time, God opened the door.
- “I knew what these women needed because I was in the same boat.”
- There’s a whole generation that does not know the Word of God.
- A ticket out of poverty is teaching a child to read.
- When Danette’s daughter volunteered to teach a child to read, her life changed.
- God reveals our calling one step at a time.
God told Danette to not quit believing for a miraculous healing for her back.
- By faith for years she stood waiting for her miracle.
- “I now believe in miracles.” – Dr. Chan after seeing the x rays after Danette’s healing
- That miracle was the springboard of miracles God has done through her.
- Everything we go through God wants to use it.
- Miracles come when we have compassion enough to extend it to the hurting around us.
- We have prayed out of duty or religion, but we need the motivating power of compassion.
- Our compassion can lead us to stand in the gap for someone else’s miracle to be manifested.
- All of your needs are met by the Lord, even your emotional needs.
- Seek God about your assignment.
- The most fulfilling thing is to do your call.
- Motherhood is part of your call when you’re a mom.
- Ephesians 2:10 NIV For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ruth NIV Ruth’s story
- Ruth went through a lot, but had to stay dedicated, faithful, and loyal to the end.
- When we die to self and make it all about Jesus, God sends us to the bonus round.
- Your Boaz blessing doesn’t always come from a man; it comes from the hand of God.
Esther NIV Esther’s story
- Esther was an ordinary girl called by God to do extraordinary things.
- She had to remember it was not about her, but it was for the sake of the people that God had put her there.
Psalm 16:11 NIV You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Romans 15:13 NIV May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Books by Danette Crawford:
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!