A short message from Mary’s story, by host Jodie Chiricosta, telling of waiting on her promise.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures on Promises:
There are a lot of suddenlies in the Bible when the long awaited promise finally arrives!
Here are a few instances of promises fulfilled:
- Adam was put to sleep and suddenly there was Eve.
- Joseph was suddenly promoted out of prison and became 2nd in command of Egypt.
- The Israelites were suddenly freed from slavery in Egypt.
- David was suddenly made king after running for his life for years just as God had promised.
- In Acts the disciples were assembled in an Upper Room praying and waiting when “suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like a roaring of a mighty windstorm and it filled the house where they were sitting, then what looked like flames or tongues of fire appeared and settled on each of them. And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit …” fulfilling the promise of a coming helper.
- Philip was suddenly transported by the Spirit from one place to another.
- When Paul and Silas were in prison praising God, suddenly an earthquake shook the prison, opening all the doors and the chains of every prisoner fell off.
Luke 1:28 NIV …“The Lord is with you!”
Luke 1:34 NIV “How will this be, … since I am a virgin?”
5 Things Mary Did in the Waiting for the Promise
- Firstly, Mary believed
- Secondly, she submitted herself to God’s Plan
- Luke 1:38 NIV “I am the Lord’s servant… May everything you have said about me come true.”…
- Thirdly, Mary got around Like Minded People
- Luke 1:45 NIV “You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said.”
- Fourthly, She praised God
- Luke 1:46-55 NLT “Oh, how my soul praises the Lord. How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior! For he took notice of his lowly servant girl, and from now on all generations will call me blessed. For the Mighty One is holy, and he has done great things for me. He shows mercy from generation to generation to all who fear him. His mighty arm has done tremendous things! He has scattered the proud and haughty ones. (God) has brought down princes from their thrones and exalted the humble. He has filled the hungry with good things and sent the rich away with empty hands. (God) has helped his servant Israel and remembered to be merciful. For he made this promise to our ancestors, to Abraham and his children forever.”
- Psalm 22:3 NKJV tells us that God is “enthroned on the praises of Israel.”
- Fifthly, she endured
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!