Scriptures and Key Points:
- God has birthed Israel and gathered them into their land.
Isaiah 37 NKJV …And they said to him, “Thus says Hezekiah: ‘This day is a day of trouble and rebuke and blasphemy; for the children have come to birth, but there is no strength to bring them forth…Incline Your ear, O Lord, and hear; open Your eyes, O Lord, and see…
- We need to give strength to Israel through prayer and intercession.
Psalm 122:6 NKJV Pray for the peace of Jerusalem…
Nehemiah 8:1-2 NKJV …So Ezra the priest brought the Law before the assembly of men and women and all who could hear with understanding on the first day of the seventh month.
- To restore the temple, the altar of worship must first be restored.
Romans 12:1 NKJV I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
- The first time worship is used in scripture is in the context of obedience to God.
Hebrews 4:12 NKJV For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword…
Romans 10:17 NKJV So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- Speak the truth in love, seasoned with grace, but speak the truth nonetheless.
- The grace of God brings us to deep conviction.
Haggai 2 NKJV In the seventh month, on the twenty-first of the month, the word of the Lord came by Haggai the prophet, saying…
When light gets lighter, dark gets darker.
- To be a lighthouse in the dark times, we must be tethered to God’s Word and our relationship to Him.
1 Peter 2:9 NKJV But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light
Acts 2 NKJV …Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them…
- We don’t have to convince people if they feel the presence of the Holy Spirit.
- When we remember God’s covenant promises, our circumstances won’t dictate our response.
Hebrews 12:2 NKJV Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith…
- Walk in faith, not fear.
- We can do more together as a mended net.
Micah 4 NKJV …I will make the lame a remnant, and the outcast a strong nation…
Hebrews 12:26-29 NKJV …“Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also heaven.”…we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken…
- Exposing what is done in darkness and spotlighting what is done in righteousness
- Implosions of what we put our trust in
- Pouring out explosions
- God has a way of taking what seems to be unrelated and connecting it all together.
- It’s not “suddenly” to God.
Be strong; Keep working; God is with you; Remember His covenant promises.
Romans 8:15 NKJV For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”
- The conflict in the Middle East is rooted in bitterness.
- There was never a people group called the Palestinians.
- Represent Christ in the midst.
Colossians 1:13-14 NKJV He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love…
Luke 21:29-31 NKJV Then He spoke to them a parable: “Look at the fig tree, and all the trees. When they are already budding, you see and know for yourselves that summer is now near. So you also, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near.
Amos 9:15 NKJV I will plant them in their land, and no longer shall they be pulled up from the land I have given them,” says the Lord your God.
- The land of Israel was not taken from anyone; it was given by God.
Genesis 21:14 NKJV So Abraham rose early in the morning, and took bread and a skin of water; and putting it on her shoulder, he gave it and the boy to Hagar, and sent her away…
- Though God blessed all of Abraham’s sons, Issac was the son of promise.
Roots of bitterness must be uprooted so we can be new creatures in Christ.
Isaiah 62:1, 6-7 NKJV For Zion’s sake I will not hold My peace, and for Jerusalem’s sake I will not rest, until her righteousness goes forth as brightness,
and her salvation as a lamp that burns… I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; they shall never hold their peace day or night. You who make mention of the Lord, do not keep silent, And give Him no rest till He establishes and till He makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.
1 John 3:15 NKJV Whoever hates his brother is a murderer…
- We can sin by commission or omission.
- Lift each other up; don’t tear each other down.
The silence is deafening.
- We can disagree and still be civil in our public discourse.
Zephaniah 3:8-20 NKJV …“Do not fear; Zion, let not your hands be weak. The Lord your God in your midst…
Zechariah 2:5 NKJV For I,’ says the Lord, ‘will be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst.’
Esther NKJV …Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”…
Colossians 1:15-18 NKJV …All things were created through Him and for Him…
- In Search of a Father’s Blessing by Doug Stringer
Connect with Us:
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, periodic ministry updates, or join our prayer team by signing up here!
Download a free 30-day devo at AWordInSeasonPodcast.org