Our Guest: Marie Umidi
Marie Umidi sang with the Imperials and Russ Taff. She helped pastored a church with her husband, Joe, for thirteen years. Marie also wrote “The Man Called Jesus” play which has been performed in countries around the world and seen by tens of thousands of people. She loves serving the Lord through the gift of hospitality. Marie is the proud mother of an adult son and grandmother of three.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures:
- Marie’s past felt like a stain and she felt unworthy to be a pastor’s wife.
- Sometimes accepting God’s forgiveness for ourselves is harder than forgiving other people.
2 Corinthians 10:5 KJV Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
- It’s amazing when we declare the Word of God in our lives how immediate our victory is in Christ.
- It’s important for new believers in Christ to have someone willing to walk with them and disciple them.
- When God starts something, He doesn’t have to start big.
- Marie learned that our task is to be faithful and prayerfully seek His will.
- “We weren’t professionals. We were church people. But the Spirit of God was so strong in everybody and that’s what made it powerful.”
- We need to have a fresh revelation of the story of Christ.
- Jesus was no different as a man than we are. He had the same issues.
- People need to meet the One who created them and gave them a purpose in life.
- When you give to God, God gives back in so many ways.
Romans 12:9-13 NIV …Practice hospitality.
- Welcome people as if they are the most important person to walk through your door.
- Let people know they are important to God.
- God has shown Marie that hospitality can take on many forms.
- There are many ways to show the love of Christ through the simplest things.
- “I will never stop worshiping You, because I love You…Where else do I turn?”
- God is still God and He is still worthy of our worship.
Esther NIV Esther’s Story
- Esther was given such favor at such a time that it changed history for the Jewish people.
Exodus 35:30-33 NLT Then Moses told the people of Israel, “The Lord has specifically chosen Bezalel son of Uri, grandson of Hur, of the tribe of Judah. The Lord has filled Bezalel with the Spirit of God, giving him great wisdom, ability, and expertise in all kinds of crafts. He is a master craftsman…
- God has given many facets of creativity and beauty..
- There are many ways to glorify Him and build His house, the Church.
Isaiah 41:10 NKJV Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
- Trust the Lord.
- Don’t be afraid of small beginnings.
- Everything starts small.
- Keep the seed God planted in you well watered.
Psalm 90:17 NIV May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us—yes, establish the work of our hands.
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!