Key Thoughts and Scriptures:
Romans 8:38-39 NLT And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 10:9 NKJV That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Revelation 19:7-8 NIV Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear.” (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God’s holy people.)
John 14:2-3 NIV My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
- While Christ is preparing a place for us, we are here on earth, preparing ourselves to be His Bride.
Satan will try to convince us that we are abandoned, unworthy, – even unloved. But this is, of course, a lie.
- The devil will try to isolate us from one another, because we are created to be united with other believers as the Bride of Christ.
- When we are in unity with other believers, we experience the fullness of His love.
- God’s love is so much better than any love we will ever encounter from anyone else.
Ephesians 3:16-18 NLT I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.
- When we are rooted in God’s love, we are strong.
- Also, when we come to Him in contrition and repent – He remembers it no more. He does not keep count of how many times we fail in the same area.
Isaiah 59:2 NIV But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.
I John 1:9 NKJV If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
God is love.
I John 4:8 NIV Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
I Corinthians 13:4-8 NLT Love is patient and kind…is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged… does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever!
- Read through that passage as a description of how God loves you and it shatters all the lies satan tells us about God.
God is patient with you.
- The Greek word used for patience is makrothyméō. Its fuller meaning includes refusing to retaliate with anger – deferring anger for a long time.
2 Peter 3:8 NLT But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day.
- God is kind, even benevolent to me, and you.
Jeremiah 29:11 NLT For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
- Sometimes He disciplines us – but it is out of His kindness, not out of anger.
- Since God is the one who gives us good things, He would never begrudge or resent us having them.
James 1:17 NLT Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father…
- Boasting and pride is not God’s way.
Philippians 2:7-9 NIV Rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name
- God never dishonors us.
- Aschémoneó can also be translated “to act unbecomingly, indecent or improper.”
Galatians 5:13 NLT For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love.
- God offers us the way of life and lets us choose how to respond.
- He always seeks the best for us.
God, who is love, does not get angry with us easily.
- Three times in the Old Testament we are assured of that:
Nahum 1:3 NLT The Lord is slow to get angry, but his power is great, and he never lets the guilty go unpunished…
Exodus 34:6-7 NLT … “Yahweh! The Lord! The God of compassion and mercy! I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness… lavish unfailing love to a thousand generations. I forgive iniquity, rebellion, and sin. But I do not excuse the guilty…
- But it is our choice whether we step into His love or remain in our condemned state.
Numbers 14:18 NLT ‘The Lord is slow to anger and filled with unfailing love, forgiving every kind of sin and rebellion. But he does not excuse the guilty…
Colossians 2:13-15 NLT You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross.
- When satan reminds you of past sin and failure, you can remind Him that the record of those sins was nailed to the cross and remembered no more!
God does not keep a record of your wrongs!
- God understands our frailties and when we truly repent, He remembers them no more.
Psalm 103:12 NLT He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west.
- God never rejoices when we experience evil, injustice or hurt.
Isaiah 61:1-3 NLT The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed…
Psalm 40 NLT I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire…
- If you find yourself in that place, declare God’s love over yourself. Thank Him that His love is everlasting and never fails. And ask Him to intervene on your behalf.
God’s love rejoices in truth, what is right and just.
- He rejoices when we know who we are in Christ and live as children of God.
John 8:44 NLT For you are the children of your father the devil,…When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.
I Peter 5:8 NLT Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.
- God always protects us.
- Stegó – The expanded meaning of the Greek word for protect includes to cover, conceal, ward off and place a roof over and shield.
John 10:28 NIV I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.
John 16:33 NIV … In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
Psalm 46:1 NIV God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
He always trusts you!
- From the very beginning God entrusted humankind with dominion over and stewardship of the earth. Adam and Eve gave that dominion to Satan through their disobedience. But Jesus took it back through His death and resurrection.
Matthew 28:18-19 NIV Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
Matthew 10:1 NLT Jesus called his twelve disciples together and gave them authority to cast out evil spirits and to heal every kind of disease and illness.
Luke 10:19 NLT Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy…
- God has entrusted us with spiritual gifts to use in building up the body of Christ and sharing the Gospel with others.
God always hopes, expects great things for us and of us.
Ephesians 2:10 NIV For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
- He has given us the Holy Spirit to lead us (Romans 8:14 NIV), empower us (Acts 1:8 NIV), give us wisdom (Isaiah 11:2 NIV) and everything else we need to live a godly life and accomplish His will.
- And His mercies are new every morning. (Lamentations 3:22-23 NKJV)
- God always has hopeful expectations of us, because the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in you – if you have given your life to Him. (Romans 8:11 NIV)
- He always perseveres in His love and support of you.
- God will always be with you in every circumstance.
2 Corinthians 13:14 NLT May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
- “Love Is In The Air” by John Paul Young
- Rejoice in Truth! Priscilla and Sapphira’s God Stories
- Footprints in the Sand poem
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!